CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Anthraxus

Default Audio

What are the plans for audio book versions of Greywalker or the rest? Is there a release schedule for them out there that I just haven't seen yet?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 AM
ImzadiDragonfly

Greywalker, Poltergeist and Meansteats are all on audio already. I believe Underground comes out in the next month or so. I haven't listened to them but a friend of mine does and loves them. They're narrated by Mia Barron.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Anthraxus

Yeah, right after I posted this, in digging stuff up for the wiki, I came across the audio for Greywalker.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Harper

And I signed contacts for the next 3 recently so they will start showing up late next year. Recording lag is a bit of a bitch.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

The Narrator (Mia Barron?)is starting to grow into the part. I've listened to the available audiobooks through audible.com. The first book was kind of rough. Poltergeist was a little better, but to be honest, I was ready to give up on them as an audio series. (Which means that I'd put them on my ever growing reading list, since I have very limited time nowadays.) I picked up Mean Streets, and maybe because the non-Harper charecters had accents, she really seemed to be better at seperating narrative from dialog.

Underground is certainly the narrator's best work yet. (And my favorite of the first three novels.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Harper

Yeah, I listened to part of Underground recently and found it not bad. She has improved.

Though she still mispronounces Solis' name (it's "sol-EES" not "SOL-is")

I haven't listened to Mean Streets yet. And Vanished is in production, I'm told.