CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

In the last month...

King of Torts, The Associate, The Street Lawyer and The Testament all by John Grisham. (I have no idea, so don't ask. Legal thriller addiction just blindsided me.)

Hangman and Burnt Bones by Michael Slade.

Tried to read one of Lieber's Lankhmar collections. Couldn't do it.

Now reading Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses (with the intention to read the entire Border Trilogy.)
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

I'm about halfway through the third book in the Coldfire trilogy by CS Friedman. Good writing, but I'm slow getting through it because if I have downtime, I've generally been watching tv or playing games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

Iím half way through MAGIC ON THE HUNT by Devon Monk. Itís the sixth book in the Allie Beckstrom series. I enjoy this series a lot. Itís set here in Portland and I have fun figuring out where in town characters are or where fictional businesses or homes have been added to the landscape.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

Just started reading Death Masks - Book 5 in the Dresden Files sereies by Jim Butcher.

And I got some nice books on mediaveal & renaissance swordsmanship and other close combat-techniques Including one book by Hans Talhoffer.

/Magnus
Old 05-08-2011, 08:44 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

I finished BLOOD OATH by Christopher Farnsworth today. Itís the first book in the Nathanial Cade series. I enjoyed it and recommend it.

Next up for me is DEFIANCE (Strange Angels Series #5) by Lili St. Crow and THE NATIVE STAR by M.K. Hobson.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:40 PM
rse2412

I concur re Blood Oath. I have just ordered the second book in the series - The President's Vampire.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:51 PM
myyrdneopia

Just finished HEXED by Kevin Hearne (book 2 in the Iron Druid Chronicles). Really great stuff. Also recently read were THRONE OF JADE by Naomi Novik and DEADLINE by Mira Grant(Seanan McGuire). Next up are THE WARDED MAN by Peter V. Brett, THE QUANTUM THIEF by Hannu Rajaniemi, and a reread of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files in prep for GHOST STORY in July.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:05 AM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

Since last posting...

Read Joe Abercrombie's First Law series, good stuff. The Blade Itself, the first in the series, is particularly well done.

Iain Banks's Player of Games and Consider Phlebas. Excellent far future sci-fi. I'll be reading more of his.

Bitter Seeds by Ian Tregillis. Excellent writing, and some neat ideas, but I'm not wholly sold on the execution. Worth a read though for anyone interested in the intersection of fantasy and the Second World War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyrdneopia View Post
Next up are THE WARDED MAN by Peter V. Brett...
Brett is high on my to read list. I keep seeing good mention of his books.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
SharonS

Default More like what am I *not reading

I just read Criminal Macabre: Omnibus Vol 1 (netgalley) kick ass Pulp graphic novel. He is like Buffy, only more screwed up and vulgar <G>.

and Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris- love this series!

reading Piper's Fury by Rachel Firasek. Awesome PNR with an alpha vamp that makes me...well, let's just say I like him

starting Plain Fear Forsaken by Leanna Ellis (YA paranormal)

I am a reviewer so I am constantly reading things is many genres.
(am I the only one who just loves all these cool smilies?)
Old 06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
myyrdneopia

Just finished up the most recent book in the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik: TONGUES OF SERPENTS. Also have gone through Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy. And then, today, I recieved Harry Connolly's CHILD OF FIRE and K.A. Stewart's A DEVIL IN THE DETAILS in the mail.