CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayda View Post
Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin.
How was that? I picked it up once and read the back cover, but didn't end up reading it.

For myself:

Recently finished Dune by Frank Herbert. I've just started Stieg Larrson's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which isn't impressing me so far, but I'll give it the benefit for now and keep reading.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

Finished Flinx Transcendant by Alan Dean Foster
Old 07-08-2010, 07:44 PM
rse2412

Currently reading Rob Thurman's Cal Leandros series. On to Book 4 Death Wish and really enjoying them.

Rae
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Reading the Telzey and Trigger books. They've aged remarkably well, and I think Flint did an excellent job on the editing.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished "Changeless", the second book in Gail Carriger's The Parasol Protectorate series. The first book was "Soulless". Very enjoyable -- I narfled them up in a day apiece. They're not going to change your life with deep, penetrating insights into the human condition, but they're entertaining books and worth reading. They're quasi-urban fantasy, set in an interesting steampunk Victorian England. The third book isn't out yet, but I'll be getting that one as soon as it hits.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Drowning in Words

Zayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos View Post
How was that? I picked it up once and read the back cover, but didn't end up reading it.

For myself:

Recently finished Dune by Frank Herbert. I've just started Stieg Larrson's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which isn't impressing me so far, but I'll give it the benefit for now and keep reading.
Mistress of the Art of Death wasn't too bad. It was a bit predictable in places, but it was interesting to see how the author wove these very complex worldviews about religion--Christianity, Judaism, women, medicine--into a pretty tightly written novel.

I finished my re-read of Animal Farm and finished The School of Essential Ingredients by Bauermeister. The Bauermeister book was okay--definitely a quick read, but a bit too idyllic in places.

I've just started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The beginning of it seems to drag a bit, but it's picking up pace and getting interesting.

Bhuta ia; dewa ia. (Man is a demon; man is a god.)

Last edited by Zayda; 07-14-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayda View Post
I've just started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The beginning of it seems to drag a bit, but it's picking up pace and getting interesting.
Agreed. The first few chapters were slow, but once it got into the main storyline the pacing was much better. I'm not sure I liked the end; the conclusion felt rushed, but I liked the book enough that I'll pick up the sequels.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Paradox

The Tibetan Book of the Dead by Padma Sambhava, et al.

Batwoman: Elegy by Greg Rucka and J.H. Willaims III
Old 07-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

Currently reading "The Lady Chapel" by Candace Robb as well as the rpg "Ghosts of Albion".

Think I have some other books lying around as well that I have started reading. as in "The Fashion since 1900" by John Peacock, and "Victorian Fashions and Costumes from Harpers Bazaar 1867-1898"

/Magnus
Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

I finished the five Percy Jackson books (I give them a B) and have started "The Shattered Sphere" by Roger MacBride Allen. Awesome sci-fi so far. Von Neumann silicoid-cyborg aliens totally ignoring humanity while they destroy the solar system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?