CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:57 PM
rse2412

Default Vanished

I just got an email from Amazon. My Copy of Vanished is in the post. I cannot wait! I have been having withdrawal symptoms since I finished Underground three weeks ago.

Rae
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
whitetrash

sounds like i have alot of cattching to do
Old 08-16-2009, 06:19 PM
rse2412

Well I finally finished Vanished but it took me longer to read than I expected, in fact exactly twice as long as I expected.

When I find out that a North American author is setting part of their book in England and perhaps particularly in London, I give a little inward groan. Visions of what 'Friends' and 'Bones' did with episodes in London make me shiver and squirm. I am very pleased to say that this was not the case with Vanished. I enjoyed the use of the streets and waterways of London and as a girl that was born and brought up in London, I know a little of what I talk.

The only thing that made me smile was the ease with which Harper found her way around the city. I know people who have lived in London all their life and who still struggle around all the little alley ways and back streets. That tiny little thought aside I thoroughly enjoyed the book.

I enjoyed it so much I had to go straight back to Greywalker and read that again and pick up all the little vampire bits and pieces and threads *pun intended* and found myself saying 'Ah ha!' out loud as yet another story line came together and hooked up. Very clever!

Rae
Old 08-18-2009, 04:26 AM
Harper

Bwahahaha... Glad you approve, Rae. I think the trick is not to pretend you already know the city, but just to let the character stumble about being lost, too. Or at least give them a decent map.

Actually I was surprised at how easily I got used to London--at least the parts we frequented. I'd never been there before and as long as I had my A-Z, we only got lost once! I'm a walker by habit, so having an idea of what direction is which and what's parallel to you helps a lot, even in a place with weird, twisty streets and lots of tiny alleys.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 PM
rse2412

I think if you do have a good sense of direction that is a huge plus. I find myself directionally challenged, hence why I actually appreciate the American block system immensely.

Rae
Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Hagelrat

I curled up in bed with my copy last night and although we haven't go to London yet (still dealing with the Mother) I am throughly hooked.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

I just got my copy yesterday and I'm probably going to read it over the weekend.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:10 PM
rse2412

I was wondering, Kat, is there any chance you would write the missing scenes from Vanished? I'm talking about Quinton's side of the story; what went on in Seattle while Harper was in London? I'm guessing there was a lot more happened than we got to hear about through a few phone calls and enquiring minds like to know.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Harper

My dear RSE, have you been reading over my shoulder?

While a lot depends on the editor's final approval, the current manuscript for book 5--which is now officially titled LABYRINTH--starts with a prologue from Quinton's POV about some of the things that have been happening in Seattle while Harper was in London.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
rse2412

That is spooky! And, if I recall correctly, the first time in the series that you will have told the story from anyone else's point of view other than Harper. That is really exciting. I can't wait for Labyrinth. Is there a projected date for when it might be out? I know that is greedy, but I don't care *g*

Rae *unrepentant*