CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mean Streets

Hey Kat, I just wanted to let you know I downloaded Mean Streets from audible, and while the narrator still isn't all that great, the story itself is absolutely incredible. I'm about half way through, and I consider it the best work of yours I've come across yet, and better than either Butcher or Green's work in the anthology.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Harper

Thank you, Brian. It's actually my favorite story.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Hagelrat

I loved this one. I think the Greywalker universe lends itself to short stories bettern than the others, the Jim Butcher sotry was excellent, but you just can't do Dresden properly in such a short space. I've never read the other authors before and enjoyed the stories well enough but didn't get a strong feel for the characters. I thought Harper stands so well on her own that the Little Clay Dog worked brilliantly.
I've probably said all this before somewhere.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Harper

Bwahahaha... Thank you O My Haglerat! (seems I did read that somewhere else... hmm... I wonder where that could be...?)
Old 07-03-2009, 12:18 AM
ScottBravesFan

This collection is how I discovered the Greywalker universe. I'm a big Dresden Files and Nightside fan so I picked up the book because of those two stories but your was my favorite of the four. I also liked the story with Remy Chandler and picked up his two books as well. Overall a really good collection.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBravesFan View Post
This collection is how I discovered the Greywalker universe. I'm a big Dresden Files and Nightside fan so I picked up the book because of those two stories but your was my favorite of the four. I also liked the story with Remy Chandler and picked up his two books as well. Overall a really good collection.
Well, if you remove Nightside, and just one book instead of two books, it is very similar what I did to discover the greywalker series.

I bought for the jim butcher story, and except that story I ranked the other stories

1. Kat Richardson
2. Thomas E. Sniegoski
3. Simon R. Green

I had heard good things about Green, but even if I liked dead boy, I wasn't convinced to try and buy his books, like I was with the two other stories.

I've read Greywalker and Poltergeist so far, I like the Danzigers och Brian, I want to read more with them .
And yes of the things I've read by Kat Richardson(2 novels and one short story) I liked that short story The third death of the little clay dog the best.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM
rse2412

I came to the Harper Blaine stories the same way, but for some reason waited until I arrived in the US on holiday to find the books and read all 3 in about 3 weeks. Vanished is on order! I can't wait for August.

I wasn't keen on Mr Green's story though.

Rae
Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 PM
whitetrash

Mean streets Is what turned me on to greywalker I am now reading greywalker for I'm i fan now for sure.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Harper

I'm dancing around in glee! Tomorrow is the official launch date, though Vanished has actually been available in some places for over a week. But I'm still excited and I'm so pleased Mean Streets is still pulling in fans--it's a fantastic collection.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
whitetrash

Yes mean street is one of my fav collection books I own.