CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:47 AM
AnotherSKip

Default Dear Author (supposedly humorous)

I am letting you know about the shameful, yes shameful! Selling speed of your Books at Barnes and Noble. I walked up and asked for a copy of your first book. They thought they had one on their shelves, nope they didn't. then I was told it would be a week before they could get a copy in.

congratulations!

You are sort of sold out for a week up here in Denver!

(PS not intended to be offensive, just me being weird on a Saturday Morning)
Old 05-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Harper

I'm thrilled! Yay for selling out!

Keep your eyes peeled for the new books: new contest to spot them in the wild is about to be posted!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Archemedes

I'll be honest, with the exception of Greywalker, every time I've tried to find your books they're either out or only have one copy left (and that's been every bookstore I go to).
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Harper

That's odd. I hope they are sold out and not simply refusing to carry them.

With the new paperbacks coming out, some of the shops are holding off on reorders of the larger format paperbacks and the hardcover, so that's part of the problem. You can always order them online, but right now a lot of shops will be waiting on the delivery of the Poltergeist mass market paperback on July 7. Underground is very difficult to find since it's a hardcover and a lot of shops don't like to keep the expensive books on the shelf for long.

Barnes and Noble had them on the "New Paperback" racks instead of SF for the first week or two, but I'm not sure what's up now.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Archemedes

I lived in Charleston at the time Underground came out. The three book stores I went to told me that I wasn't the only person asking for it.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Harper

Here's something:

I've just discovered that limited supplies of Underground in hardcover are on clearance sale at B&N.com for the shocking price of $3.59. Yeah that's right--about half the price of the soon-to-be released paperback edition. So if you've been holding out to get the book at a price you can't refuse, this is it. Grab it while you can.

Disclaimer: I don't make much off discount books and I don't have a B&N associates account, so I don't get a kickback on this link. This is strictly a service for you guys who want the hardcover but can't afford it at full price. Discount books of this sort are often "hurt" books with some cosmetic defects, but they are still first edition hardcovers and if the defect is mild enough it won't affect the value of the book and certainly not the readability.