CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Harper

Default Favorite Character contest!

Hi there faithful forum members!

I have 6 copies of the novella collection Mean Streets to give away, so I'm proposing a little contest which I hope will bring in some new blood and also give you guys a chance to win books!

Here's the deal:

Post a response to this thread saying who your favorite secondary character (can't be Harper) is in the Greywalker series, which book they are in, and why you think they are cool/bad/fun/scary/whatever. You can only have one "favorite" but you can discuss other people's posts and edit yours if you want. I'll read the posts and the comments and (with a little help from the comments and so on) I'll pick the winners and mail them a signed copy of the book. Signed by me, that is, since I doubt I'll be able to get the other authors to sign it. But I'll send them anywhere in the world.

All favorites must be posted to this thread by midnight, forum time (-8GMT) on January 16 (that's on the midnight when the 16th ends and the 17th begins) and you can only have one "favorite" post to your name but you can comment on as many as you wish. Yes, there's nothing to stop you from cheating by making a new log in and posting more, but why would you do that...?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Thing One

I want to talk about my favorite supporting character, but as you know I already am lucky enough to have an autographed copy of Mean Streets (The Third Death of the Little Clay Dog ROCKS).

I love Quinton. I have since he first appeared, and OMG Underground.... *sigh*
He is so intelligent, myserious, funny and is willing to carry Chaos in his pocket *grin*
I am soooo glad he is in Harper's life. He reminds me of some brilliant and odd people I have had the priviledge to know.

I can hardly wait to see what he does in future books.

(I just listened to the Audiobook of Poltergeist, and was so fascinated by the information Quinton provided on the seance room)
Old 01-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Harper

Quinton is always fun to write--he gets to dabble in fun stuff. Book 4 includes his attempts to build a "ghost detector." I can hardly wait to be finished and send it to the publisher. (bwahahaha)
Old 01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
NinaN

Default Will

i loved Will... (don't get me wrong i loved Quinton so much that when he and Harper finally got together i had to go shag my own partner for various hours to make the desire fade)

but i loved Will. his beautiful carefree attitude. his innocence. his disappointment in Harpers ability to be normal.

i adore his ability to live a normal life. how everything is so simple. his pleasure in antiques, his bond with Mickey. i'm jealous!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Deyaniera

Default my fave

My favorite character is Mara. I love her brightness, her quirkiness, her big heart, and her compassion.

I also love the fact that she lives with a ghost and doesn't mind it! That is just awesome. Oh, and her putting up with Ben rules, too!

--Kara
Old 01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
macbeaner

I have to admit. I love Quinton. I keep rooting that Harper will take an interest in him. Weird. Anyways, I always go for the techie geek and his shady past is intriguing. I look forward to learning more about him!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM
javacatz

Talking

Quinton. I really like his character and personality. Also, he's got such an intriguing past. And there is definitely a lot going on in that brain.

Runner-up for favorite would be Chaos. :-)
Old 01-02-2009, 09:56 PM
IYamVixen

Smile My turn...

Mara is my favorite character. I have only had a chance to read GREYWALKER and POLTERGEIST and she has been excellent in both. I can only hope she is in the rest of the series. Mara doesn't take any crap, is a good mom. And the fact that she's a witch...well, speaks for itself.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Hagelrat

tricky, I have a little crush on Quentin, Will just bugged me, but one of my favourite characters is actually the deeply creepy and unpleasant Carlos. It's such a huge relief to see vamps being seriously unpleasant, not remotely sexy and utterly self serving. I wouldn't want him to be a focus of the books but his role in Greywalker was perfect and his position on the peripheral of the other books and Harper's life with the Grey is just right. I hope we get to see him in a bigger role again at somepoint.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 AM
bigferret

Chaos is my favorite character. But then I am a little bias. Ferrets for me are the embodiment of joy. There is nothing like a weasel war dance to make you smile.

Now if I need a human, I love Quinton. He is just so quirky and smart. Harper asks him for the strangest things and he just rolls with it. I would love to be that easy going.