CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Harper

Default Cross Pollinatin' to the Main Fora--Writers!

hey, guys. I know some of you are not regulars at the other forums here, but it occurred to me you might be interested in seeing the Writer's Forum here on CritFumble. I know some of you write your own stuff and it's always nice to find new companions in our own special insanity.

Go take a look. Maybe you'll even want to post something, but do read the posting rules first.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:35 PM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for spreading the word, harper! as a participant in the writer's forum, i should point out that while currently, a lot of the discussions revolve around a group project, folks really do talk about other types of writing: primarily creative writing in the forms of fiction and the occasional poem.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Orally bankrupt

Starhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Please, please, PLEASE get involved in the Writer's Forum. We could use some new blood.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Harper

I don't have a lot of time, myself, but I'll certainly encourage others and try to drop in when I can.

It's always great to have a community to support and encourage you in the development stages. Writing is a lonely profession and there are a lot of hard days. I wouldn't have finished GREYWALKER without the support of an online forum myself, so I really value that channel. (Thank you TTLG.)
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

I'd go but it looks to be mostly rpg stuff and I don't really know anything about them much less how to write properly for one. Sorry.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Right now, there's more focus on an attempt to build an RPG. However, feel free to post any of your own writing that you'd like to see read or get feedback on. It's usually quiet, but people do read what's posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakutian View Post
I'd go but it looks to be mostly rpg stuff and I don't really know anything about them much less how to write properly for one. Sorry.
There's a bit of RPG clutter at the moment, but anything concerning writing is more than welcome. If you want to discuss theory or craft, post, and we'll discuss. If you want to share your writing, we're more than happy to read. If you want critiques ask for them (for whatever our opinions may be worth).
Old 02-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Henchman for hire

Magnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus Bergqvist has a reputation beyond repute

There are quite a few old pieces lying around waiting to be read there. Silverwhisper even started a writing excercise, though I don't think anyone has taken up the ball and posted anything on that yet...

But yes, lately there has been lots of focus of trying to write a new rpg.

/Magnus
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Harper

I worked on RPG materials once. It takes a lot of creative thought to make a world-set that will encourage others to create adventures within it. It has to be interesting, and it needs to have opportunity and structure that encourage creative exploitation while offering rules that are easy to stick to. It's a mirror to the problems of world-building in SF and F books: you have to have a great, believable and workable world before anyone can go play in it.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`ヽ`、ヽ`

Hitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud ofHitcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakutian View Post
We're open to many different kinds of creative writing. You can post almost any sort of story or article there, although we mostly go with fantasy and science fiction.