CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Harper

Default Greywalker Tours and Signings and Other Authorial Blathering in Public

OK, just to get it on the radar officially, here are some dates and places I'm already confirmed for in 2009:

Norwescon, Seattle WA area, Easter Weekend April 9-12
Pacific Northwest Writers Conference, Seattle WA area, July 30-August 2
ComiCon, San Diego CA , July 23-26
Dragon*Con, Atlanta GA , Labor Day Weekend September 4 - September 7

I haven't updated the website or newsletter list yet, because I'm still sick as a dog, but I will. There are a lot of other things in the hopper, but most of it won't be decided until April or May, since that's when the publicists have information and budgets. Right now I don't know what they will want to do for the official tour in August to promote Vanished, but I'm contemplating adding the following, depending on what they want to do: Los Angeles Times Festival of Books in late April, Bouchercon in Indianapolis in early October, and/or World Fantasy Convention in San Jose Halloween Weekend.

And that's what I have right now.

Last edited by Harper; 01-27-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

Well that just doesn't help me figure out things to do while I'm in Seattle tomorrow and Thursday now does it? I suppose I'll just stick with the Rock & Roll museum.

Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Hope you feel better soon *sends digital chicken soup*.

Oh and also good luck with the tour, maybe some day you can come to virginia, hopefully before I move to alaska haha.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Harper

Imzadi: while you're there, go to the SF museum next door--it's really odd. I think they offer a two-fer ticket that's only a bit more money than going to just one and neither is going to take up your whole day, since they are both smaller than they look from outside.

Sakutian: I keep trying to get to the East Coast and the publisher keeps on not giving me reason to go. But this isn't a complete schedule, yet. Just the preliminaries. Who knows? Maybe I'll get there this time. I was in Baltimore for a few days last year, but I couldn't make the time to stay and wander around as I'd hoped, since I had a deadline hanging over my head like the famous Sword of Damoclese.

Feeling a bit better, but still pretty cruddy. Digital Chicken Soup is appreciated. Mmm... no calories.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Grr to your publisher for giving you reasons not to come to the east coast. I live in Arlington, VA which like right next to D.C. I could spit from here and hit it honestly. So you should plan a few days here so you can walk around and oggle monuments haha. Plus there's all the cool supernatural tours and things.

Sorry you're still feeling cruddy make sure to get lots of rest and avoid stress so you can get better. Here have some digital cookies too, they're not very satsifying but they've got noc alroies so that counts for something I suppose.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-28-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

Kat ~ I'll definitely look into that. The trip got delayed by a day due to one of the trip's participant being ill.

Sakutian ~ What you need to do is move here to the Pacific Northwest.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

ImzadiDragonfly- But I'm moving to Alaska in august...I can't move to the pacific northwest.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

Well, it's closer than you are now.

I used to want to move to Alaska. I must be getting old because now I'm thinking about warmer locations.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Harper

That's OK; most Seattleites think Alaska is in their backyard anyhow.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Orally bankrupt

Starhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know if you do the Indianapolis con. We can have lunch or something.