CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:44 AM
ImzadiDragonfly

I really like the German covers. I'm glad they changed from the silhouette to just the eye. If you took away the gun and the crows the silhouette is almost whimsical, or carefree.

I like the U.S. covers too. I just find it funny the artist always has Harper just standing there with a gun in her hand. Not really doing anything. Just standing on the street holding a gun in one hand the other and on her hip or a building or what have you. Really all the cool edgy chicks in Seattle are doing it.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Harper

The US cover for Underground was more of an action shot--you can see the motion blur and the way her coat is flaring out as she's looking around. The cover for Vanished is unusual in that you can see very little of Harper's face--she's looking back over her shoulder at the glowy-eyed creeps on the street behind her.

Most of the covers have been static. The Polish Greywalker cover is very much the "girl with a gun" thing, but it's interesting in that it's the only cover where Harper is actually tall and thin and has good trigger discipline.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 AM
ImzadiDragonfly

I did notice the action on the Underground cover. I also remember have that maternal feeling of wanting to tell Harper to get the hair out of her face when I looked at the Vanished cover. I really do enjoy getting to see all the different cover art.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Harper

I suspect Chris, the artist, really likes to paint hair.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Harper

See Kat squee like a mad thing! I have discovered the cover for the mass market edition of Greywalker and I'm so excited I can't stand it.

I know it's not a big thing, but I've never seen the changes before.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

That new cover is awesome like a possum in the middle of July! I almost wish that they'd saved it for a new book haha. It might help with sales cause it's really eye catching and dynamic too.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Harper

Are possums awesome in the middle of July? I always thought they were a bit obnoxious in your soxes when you go to do the laundry...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Hahah I have heard that from time to time. On a related note did you know ferrets can't bear it if you give them a carrot?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Harper

Umm... I never give carrots... too much sugar.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:42 AM
ImzadiDragonfly

You say that like a ferret on a sugar high is a bad thing?