CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Harper

Default Cover Stuff

Hey, guess what I got today?

It's the German translation of Poltergeist! Apparently it was released December first and I wasn't paying any attention.

I got a rough proof of the UK version of VANISHED's cover recently, too, but it's not approved yet so I can't show it to you. However, it's going to be a little bit of a change from the previous covers in the series. A bit more realistic this time and they're changing the model, which actually makes me happy, since I thought the previous model was a bit young-looking. Also, there will be no tattoo (I have no idea where that came from in the first place.)

So far as I know, the US version is not being changed, so the cover up at Amazon is probably the right one.

And meanwhile... I'm proofing the mmpb version of Greywalker, which will be coming out in June with the same cover as the US original, just a little smaller.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 AM
nerdgirl

This kind of reminds me of Hitchcocks "The Birds". I prefer the headless crosswalk sign.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Hagelrat

that's kind of gorgeous.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 AM
Harper

The Germans seem to associate crows with the uncanny a lot more than Americans do, so it's a good cover from that aspect. Also, they have very strong branding on this. They changed the original cover idea on Greywalker from this

to this

when they realized they might want to buy the other books in the series.

The cover for the German edition of Underground is in the same vein (due out in August):
Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

This is just me but I like the original idea the best, although the coat she is wearing is a bit weird but thats fine. They're all good though. Crows are very weird birds and I always sort of associate them with supernatural stuff as well them and ravens.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Mr Orange Monkey

I associate crows with an unpleasant recurring dream involving waking uo just in time for a crow to plunge down from the ceiling, and then actually waking up in real life momentarily paralysed,but that's probably just me.

I like the changing eye colour/author name idea on the new designs, and the greyish TV interference shadowing on the titles.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Hagelrat

Orange Monkey, yup, that probably is just you. At least you wake up.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Harper

He also worries about owls....
Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 AM
Hagelrat

so a theme evening of Hitchcock movies and Poe readings coming up? We could slip a little James O'Barr in there too. Or i that just cruel?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Turkeys freak m eout...they look like zombie versions of themselves and nothing can be that dumb for real. It's an act to lull us into a false sense of superiority. They serve the apocalypse I tell you.