CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

View Poll Results: Would you want to have Harper's Greywalker powers?
Yes 5 55.56%
No 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road
Default Want to be a Greywalker too?

So hypothetical situation if you could, by some chance, become a Greywalker with powers similar to Harper's would you choose to do so? More importantly what would you said abilities once you had them? Remember of course you have to...well die for a period of time to be like Harper.

As for me oddly enough the answer changed since I started writing the response, no I would not choose to have Harper's abilities. I have my own skills to fall back on. Her gifts are certainly neat and interesting but they're a bit too popular for me, I'm too shy to have gaggles of vampires chasing me about for favors. If I was in Harper world I'd probably be a meat shield or a research guy in all honesty.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

As long as the dying part ends up closer to Greywalker than Ghost Town, I think I could deal with it. Not sure if I'd want them, mostly because how can you really prove it to someone who doesn't believe you, and that would cause immense problems with my work life (and possibly home as well).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Hagelrat

YES! most definately, I realise that being me i'd get them and get myself killed sharpish (i'd always be first to die in a horror movie) but what a ride!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Ginger Lewis

Can I just say a big hell no? I wouldn't want to be a vampire either. On the other hand I wouldn't object to having a few of Mara's witchcraft skills.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Haha well I mean if you are a vampire you get super human strength and agility, enhanced sense, usually some nice charisma, and of course you now know martial arts. Of course most of the time you also end up being killed or enslaved so it does seem to be something of a bad bargain. Being a witch might be fun though, or a warlock if you're of the warlock persuasion I suppose. Or can a man still be called a witch still? Regardless it's still a bit uncertain exactly what Mara can do herself and how much practice she needed to gain the skills she has shown.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Ginger Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakutian View Post
Haha well I mean if you are a vampire you get super human strength and agility, enhanced sense, usually some nice charisma, and of course you now know martial arts. Of course most of the time you also end up being killed or enslaved so it does seem to be something of a bad bargain. Being a witch might be fun though, or a warlock if you're of the warlock persuasion I suppose. Or can a man still be called a witch still? Regardless it's still a bit uncertain exactly what Mara can do herself and how much practice she needed to gain the skills she has shown.
From what I know of Wicca and traditional witchcraft in both history and folklore, I understand that witchcraft is a very particular kind of magic and a male witch is still called a witch, not a warlock or a wizard (despite what J K Rowling thinks ). Witchcraft is often called "hedge-magic", as it's mostly the magic of country people, of either gender.

The benefits of vampirism sound good but the whole sleeping in the daytime and craving blood - nuh-uh. I like sunshine and real food too much to make that sacrifice.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Hedge magic actually sounds much cooler for some reason, then agaian I always liked Briar Moss so I'm really biased.

I like it better when vampires can still eat regular food even if they don't actually take any nutrients from it, I'd miss being able to munch on things aside from people haha.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Harper

Anyone read Mario Acevedo's Felix Gomez, Vampire PI novels? He eats food and drinks like a person... but with extra blood on top. He has some problems, though...

Personally, I'm glad I'm a person and not a vampire or a Greywalker. I'd have a hell of a time being a novelist if I had to manage all those monster things and all the signings and stuff would have to be at night and then I couldn't hang out and just have fun with friends because I'd be working all night. What fun is that?

Wait... I work all night already... umm... hrm... forget I said anything....
Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

I read two of Mario Acevedo's books out of curiosity while back, I'd agree with the comment that Felix Gomez has some real problems. Nymphomaniacs and aliens spring to mind.

Oh if you had Harper's powers you could always ghost away from boring meetings with agents and editors. Or follow them around and torment them mwahahahaha!

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-10-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Pogonip

No, no, no, no! Remember how hard it was for Harper at first? When she got nauseated by the "double-vision" of the Grey? When she stumbled and walked into things, and had such a hard time? Not fun! She overcame it, but is no longer able to live as she did. Even her work has changed. I'm doing well if I can cope with the here-and-now. If I had to deal with a whole 'nuther dimension, I'd be a basket case. No thanks.