CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Harper

Oh-ho-ho... you're going to love book 6....

Muahahahaha...
Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

*Covers eyes* I can't think about that now because I'm having trouble just filling the months until Vanished comes out.

Drat now I'm curious. I wonder if any of the current characters are going to end up zombies? Oh my gosh, zombie ferrets! So will Harper be uprgrading her gun in the future for dealing with those kinds of targets?

This might be stupid but I was thinking about Norse mythology, I'm a mythology nerd sue me, and what could slide in Harper's world in a way that might move the story whiel actually working. Not just "Oh look Thor's here now, that's cool." I came up with one idea. Harper dealing with a valkyrie would be pretty cool and very interesting to me, not sure exactly how itd work but I have ideas. Ideas which would have most people posting in the favorite character thread chasing me with torches and pitchforks so I'll keep them to myself.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-12-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Thing One

Well, what about Hel, the Norweigen goddess of Death?
She is half skeleton and half human. She functions as the gateway from life to death.
To me, that makes her a total Greywalker.

It is beings like Hel that I think will be wandering around strong as hell in the Grey.

And we know that there are Necromancers - obviously. So of course there are undead and zombies.

But I just think that there must be families of witches - I bet Mara is from one - Irish isn't she? So why wouldn't there by all powerful families (like corporations) of witches, male and female, who can give Harper hellish times in the Grey....

Oh, thank goodness, I am glad Harper isn't going to go the path that ends in AA meetings. I think drugs and the Grey - BAAADDDD
Old 01-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Hel would be a fantastic addition and I think she'd make an especially scary one too. How about Sobek too? Scary alligator dog monster that eats the hearts of wicked people? Imagine a terrified ghost running down the street being chased by that, screaming for help, but of course no one ever sees or hears them because they're ghosts. Until one crosses paths with Harper that is.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-18-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

This might be a stupid question but I'm wondering if all vampires can manipulate the grey or is it something that only a few of them learn to do over time?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Harper

Actually, most of them don't do much with the Grey at all. You may have noticed in Greywalker that they don't even think of it, until Harper comes up with the idea. I've got something coming up that's a little different in that regard, but it's not universal to all vampires.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Neat! I'd assumed that their invisiblity thing was sort of grey maniuplating like Harper can do but yeah I was just curious. Grr it's getting harder and harder to wait for Vanished cause I keep finidng out more fun things that will be in it.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
AnotherSKip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing One View Post
and Underground proved that belief can cause things to be real.
then thefore couldn't dis-belief cause things to become not-real?

And trying to get disbelief a rolling could be the point of his statement?
Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

...Quinton is a werewolf and he's trying to cure himself over time with disbelief! I knew it!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSKip View Post
then thefore couldn't dis-belief cause things to become not-real?
Gives new meaning to the gaming joke, "I disbelieve the illusion!"

Simon R. Green put a character like that in the Nightside. Someone who doesn't believe in anything, and if she disbelieves hard enough, it ceases to exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?