CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Greywalker novel?
Greywalker 4 44.44%
Poltergeist 1 11.11%
Underground 2 22.22%
Other 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Thing One

*waves at Ginger*
I am here for Kat and the Greywalker series too!

Kat - yes Mickey (my brother has the book right now so I couldn't check easily)
He ROCKED and the dog was amazing. The whole Novella was just fricken amasing.
The whole tea party with toys for the kiddies still gives me chills. And Mickey has power, so it makes me wonder what he will end up doing, and whether he could come back or go to visit Harper in a later book....

And Kat - Lois McMaster Bujold does that different 'type' in her Vorkosigan series. It was awesome. I like the idea.

Can I just say that Philidelphia Story with Hepburn and Grant is my favorite movie and I just watched it at Christmas with His Girl Friday? *sigh* I love banter. And I think there are tons of great books that don't have to have every single sex act spelled out. It is what makes this series more Noirish and Urban, rather than Paranormal and romancy.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Harper

I aims t'please (and thanks again to Blue Ninja and the Admin for letting us take up the space). I mean.. c'mon: I'm a huge geek myself, I play RPGs and computer games, I wrote the first draft of Greywalker while I hung out at another game forum, and I read physics and history books for fun. What better place for a forum about my books? It's sure to cross-pollinate some interesting ideas.

Oh Loyal Minion, I see we have similar taste in films... His Girl Friday is hilarious!

Last edited by Harper; 01-10-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Oh Harper you should read The Physics of Superheroes by James Kakalios if you haven't done so already it's a really neat explanation of physics, super powers, and the like. It'd probably be boring to an expert on the subject but it's pretty entertaining.

For the record I came to the for the Greywalker goodness too, I've never played rpgs and don't really know anything about them.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-11-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

So I 've been reading Poltergeist again today because I want to see what it was that truned me off to the book, haven't come across it yet, but I did find one of my favrotie things about the book that really worked and made me smile. I love the scenes with Harper and Brian more than any of the others they have together in the Greywalker novles. They just work really well. He's this cute energy riddle kid and Harper just doesn't really know how to be around that, and since she usually handles herself well it's interesting to see her a bit uncertain. Just wanted to applaud that.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-17-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 AM
Ginger Lewis

My friends have a daughter who is just like Brian. She's now 7, and extremely intelligemt, with an incredibly vivid and precocious imagination, but she's so much hard work. I feel for Ben and Mara, they have many years of hard work ahead with that kid.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Harper

Brian's original behaviour was more wild. My editor thought it unrealistic and asked me to tone it down. But I have a brother and the experience of a friend's son at that age who were terrors far worse than Brian. Guess who Brian is based on...?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Ginger Lewis

Okay I voted for Greywalker, when I'd only read the first two. Now I'm halfway through Underground and I already want to change my vote. I love this story.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lewis View Post
Okay I voted for Greywalker, when I'd only read the first two. Now I'm halfway through Underground and I already want to change my vote. I love this story.
Hooray that means Greywalker and Underground are even now although it isn't reflected that way in the pole.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

I finally finished reading throug Poltergesit for the second time, it's been a really busy time so it took me forever to find ttime to read it. Anyway I couldn't find any cause for what gave me such negative feelings about it the first time through. I guess it was a result of having to compete with the first book and one otehr factor. One of my favorite things about Greywalker and Underground is that there is just so much going on in them, there's plenty in Poltergeist but it's still not as much as the others. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense.