CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Greywalker novel?
Greywalker 4 44.44%
Poltergeist 1 11.11%
Underground 2 22.22%
Other 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Harper

At one point I was hoping to make each book a different "type". Like the first one would be pretty solid Urban Fantasy, then a Detective book, then an Adventure, then ... whatever, but that's not quite how it's worked out....
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

That actually would have been pretty interesting, might have been fun to have Harper in a solid romance at some point haha.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Harper

Oh no. I'm not a romance writer. There's plenty of that in the market and I suck at it, so better not to try that one....
Old 01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Ginger Lewis

I'm new to the forum, having found the link to here from her website, and joined mainly to express how much I love these books (and hopefully be quick on the draw when the fourth one comes out). I only found these books recently, so I can only vote out of the two I've read so far (Greywalker and Poltergeist). I have Underground on order and can't wait for it to arrive.

To me, Greywalker was much the better book of the two, and part of what made it better was the several intertwining storylines: there was Harper's learning about the Grey, there was the search for the organ, and there was the vampire story with Cameron. Poltergeist has only one storyline running through it in isolation and it seems a bit "thinner" (even though it's not, in physical terms, it just feels that way). As I read Greywalker I could easily imagine it as a movie. Not so much with Poltergeist.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Ginger Lewis

First of all, this...

And second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Oh no. I'm not a romance writer. There's plenty of that in the market and I suck at it, so better not to try that one....
Is that the real reason why Will ended up in England?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
You do write the flirting well, that's something I demand of my urban fantasy books so hey you're better of than most.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Harper

I love those old "screwball comedy" films from the 1930s and 40s that relied on witty banter so I have a soft spot for clever flirting. I don't think I'm on a par with, say... Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn in Philadelphia Story, but I try.

Ginger... you came her just for me? And yet you have the perfect Avatar sub-title! I love that.

I did write a Romance back when I was working my first Journalism job out of college. It's a Historical set in California during the period when it was a Mexican republic full of interloping gringos. about 30 years before the Gold Rush. I blatantly copped the plot from an author named Kat Martin and had more fun with the history and culture than the sex and intrigue. Oh how it stunk! You could smell it in Newfoundland.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Ginger Lewis

Quote:
Ginger... you came her just for me? And yet you have the perfect Avatar sub-title! I love that.
I did come here just for the Greywalker forum, but I've been a roleplayer for many years too. Call of Cthulhu was my first ever game, and I still have a soft spot for it. It's a nice bonus to find your fan forum amidst a bunch of RPG geeks.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
I did write a Romance back when I was working my first Journalism job out of college. It's a Historical set in California during the period when it was a Mexican republic full of interloping gringos. about 30 years before the Gold Rush. I blatantly copped the plot from an author named Kat Martin and had more fun with the history and culture than the sex and intrigue. Oh how it stunk! You could smell it in Newfoundland.
Feh the sex in romance novels bores me, the flirting is the fun part anyway, at least that's the case when it manages to be clever or cute. For some reason now I really want to read said horrible romance.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Lewis View Post
It's a nice bonus to find your fan forum amidst a bunch of RPG geeks.
Yer welcome. I lobbied our site admin, Starhawk, to let us set up this forum, and I'm glad it seems to be attracting more than a handful of fans - and that some of them are branching out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?