CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Mist

I have to agree with several others here, Quinton is my favorite character besides Harper.

I look forward to finding out more about him and how he ended up where he is. And I think he and Harper are a good fit. I think Harper really needs to have someone who knows about the Grey and understands she might be doing strange stuff.

Will was nice, but didn't seem to understand that there's more to Harper than meets the eye.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelrat View Post
... one of my favourite characters is actually the deeply creepy and unpleasant Carlos. It's such a huge relief to see vamps being seriously unpleasant, not remotely sexy and utterly self serving. I wouldn't want him to be a focus of the books but his role in Greywalker was perfect and his position on the peripheral of the other books and Harper's life with the Grey is just right. I hope we get to see him in a bigger role again at somepoint.
You're not actually the first person to say that Carlos is interesting or a favorite. Just to be a little spoilery, Carlos has a very important part to play in Book 5, so you will be seeing more of him there. I can't guarantee it'll be nice... but he'll be there.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Hagelrat

very cool.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
nerdgirl

Default Fav character

Carlos is my fav character. It is great to see vampires portrayed in this manner; mean, heartless and power hungry. I am stoked that he will be in the upcoming books as well.
(I also love Quinton and was really happy to see Will leave the scene!)
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

I'd have to go with Will, Quntion is great too of course, but Will just has something about him. He's fun and interesting to me, he plays the ordinary guy who is slowly being dragged into a world he can never really be part of or understand. Although he doesn't get the nice bonus of magical abilities or super powers, he's just expected to cope with it or be kept in the dark.

His always awkward and cutely bumbled by fate relationship with Harper always made me alugh and wince a bit. SSmehow it just worked.

There has only been one moment when I really and truly didn't like him in all of the books so far.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Amers3

Default Quinton

Quinton is my favorite character I love the mysteriousness of him. Of not knowing what he is about, is he part of Harper's new world or is he a human?

He was totally cool around the vampires and helping Harper with the ley lines, it makes you wonder how he got all of this magically knowledge, unless he was something magically himself.

Trying to think of other creatures that might fit into this world and might fit Quinton doesn't result in much. All I can think is Incubus but that doesn't sound right either. Either way I cannot wait to see what lies in Quinton's mysterious past.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Pogonip

Carlos, of course. He's good looking, has that magnetic personality (common to vampires,) strong, confident, intelligent, amusing. He's not needy. A few pints of red from time to time is all he needs. No cooking required. He's rich. He handles rejection well, probably because he doesn't really believe it, he thinks he'll eventually get what he wants. He has time. Of course, he's a total sociopath. Or is the current term "psychopath"? He keeps us wondering what's next. Will he help? What's in it for him?

That's why he's my favorite character, second to Harper, of course.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of a tossup between Quinton and Ben.

Quinton is easy to love. He's socially...inept seems harsh but let's just say he's better with "stuff" than with people. He's a nerd. He's amazingly loyal, and is from first contact, when he really owed Harper nothing.

Ben's easy to miss. He isn't "hawt" like Will, as obviously useful as Quinton, as dangerous as Carlos, as cute and fluffy as Chaos, doesn't have "power" like Mara. But he's the guy who does what needs doing, be it keeping Rhino-boy from harm or doing the thankless task of research.

I can respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Ben is definately my favorite from the series. He has, well, nothing, compared to everyone else Harper runs around with - no magic, no supernatural abilities, no useful shady past, just the ability to read books (and control a small boy, which I wish I had). He's kind of like Giles from Buffy, but without the ability to fight. Yet despite that, he's always there with useful information and a sort of wistful I-wish-I-could-do-that sense that reminds me of myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Harper

Boy you guys are making this hard. How'm I going to pick with you all being so reasonable and clever...? I may be forced to randomize this...