CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Harper

Default MEAN STREETS--collection news

For a while it looked like we might miss the publication date, but, I just got the Advance Reading Copy for this collection and it's going ahead on schedule.

So what is it?

Mean Streets is a novella collection (if you haven't been beaten with the publishing industry's terms yet, novellas are complete 20-25,000 word stories which are not just excerpts from larger works) of four pieces about Paranormal Detectives.

Who's and what's in it?

Jim Butcher contributed a new Harry Dresden story; Simon R. Green wrote a new John Taylor; I did an original Harper Blaine; and Thomas E. Sniegoski contributed his first Remy Chandler novella.

When's it coming out?

January 6, 2009 from Roc in trade paperback format (currently priced at $15 US.

I think it's pretty nifty. This is not the usual fluffy urban fantasy stuff and it has a rather interesting cover--if you look closely, you can see the upper half of the painting is London while the lower appears to be a mix of Chicago and New York. And I'm thrilled to be in this collection of "hardboiled tales of paranormal P.I.s" with such incredible company. I hope I'll measure up--that's a tough crowd, y'know.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Hagelrat

Want. January is good for books this year, bad for bank accounts though.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Harper

That's what gift certificates are for!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

I'll have to point it out to my wife ... she's got Butcher's books on her Kindle to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Harper

Butcher's forum has been talking about this one for a while. His story, "The Warrior," is very interesting.... If she's a big Dresden fan, she won't want to miss it. I guarantee.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Hagelrat

turns out we have to wait till march int he UK.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Butcher's forum has been talking about this one for a while. His story, "The Warrior," is very interesting.... If she's a big Dresden fan, she won't want to miss it. I guarantee.
Well, she hasn't read the Dresden books, but she has read the Calderon series and liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Harper

The Codex Alera and the Dresden Files are pretty different, but a lot of people like them both. And of course... the collection has a Simon R. Green story in it. W00t!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

I jumped for joy when I heard about this book. Haper Blaine and Harry Dresden together in the bindings of a single book, that's just too grand. I love the whole supernatural detective idea and these two are my favorites so this isi just really nice. Plus I get to see some stuff from new writers, or new to me, as well which is fun. Maybe I'll like them too.

My copy doesn't actually arrive for a few more days though so I must be patient and wait a bit more. Or I could finish my time machine and bamf to the future. Perhaps bamfing would be better? I'm pretty sure that it won't turn anyone else into a duck like it did in the test runs.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-05-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Harper

Quack!