CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Harper

Of course! (There are so many intriquingly breast-shaped things on early SF covers....)
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Thing One

I think the other covers are gorgeous. What bothers me a bit about this new one,
is that Harper seems to be slouching or just not walking tall.

You write her as tall, and as a former dancer, she would hold herself upright.

But perhaps the darkness of the book is weighing down her shoulders? And she did seem to be slimmer in the bust region in the previous covers, but maybe it is just a fancy bra
Old 01-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Harper

I have to admit to some reservations about the Vanished cover: I don't like her frightened posture and I don't like the gun since she's in London and law-abiding private citizens, much less visiting PIs, don't pack heat. That said, I think the color and the ambiance are fantastic. Chris always does a good job.

On the other hand, she's going to be at her friskiest in that book. A lot of upsetting things come to light for Harper.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

The cover kind of makes me think werewolf for some reason, Harper looks scared so the chaps with the glowing eyes must be royally endowed with cruel intent and car bending muscle or something close to it. I mean this is Haprer, she'd tough. She stalks about holes with severed limbs in sight.

I love the image of Big Ben, it's a clock tower in London and I only know of one really so if it's not big ben pardon me, in the scene as well. Very striking.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Harper

It is, indeed, Big Ben--good eyes.

Actually... those guys are something extra nasty, but I won't spoil the book and say what. Mwahahahaha....
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 PM
nerdgirl

Oooo, I love a good intrigue!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Thing One

whoops good point about the gun
she really wouldn't have one would she?
Hmmm maybe it is a ghost gun?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

I really don't understand the whole guns in England deal, it's a bit confusing. I've seen english people hunting with rifles so are they allowed to have those but not handguns? Or is it that they just can't have them in the city limits?
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 AM
Harper

Not being English, I'm not sure of the particulars of the law but I believe handguns are strictly regulated for authorized law enforcement use and special license only (like Olympic competitors). So far as I know ordinary civilians are not allowed to own handguns anywhere in Great Britain, except under very strict and unusual conditions.

Hagelrat may know...
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Just noticed another interesting thing about the cover, the fellow farthest back in the scene doesn't appear to have glowing eyes. In any case if he does have them than you can't really tell. That makes me think that he's either Harper's backup or a human/something else associated with the starry eyed ones. Either that or the cover artist just didn't make his eyes glow as much because he's further back int he scene and you wouldn't really be able to see them as well.