CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Another question, Kat: Have you started writing book 5 yet? You do remember you promised to put me into the book and kill me, right? Or do you usually wait until after the previous book is at the printers before you start on the new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Um, this forum now has the AUTHOR of these books posting here?

Wow. How did I miss that?

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Orally bankrupt

Starhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Um, this forum now has the AUTHOR of these books posting here?

Wow. How did I miss that?
Too many snarky options.

Mental Overload impending.

*Boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Too many snarky options.

*Boom*
That didn't take much...
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Too many snarky options.

*Boom*
Well, c'mon. Seriously. How many times do you walk into a fan forum, and expect to see the ACTUAL person posting?

I strolled through the Ornery American many times. I never once interacted with Orson Scott Card.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert
Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
I'm more than glad to talk about the process and all that jazz, but I don't want to bore anyone--a lot of it's dull as wet toast.
I would just like to say that I, for one, would be MORE than glad to hear about your real-life experiences, and I wouldn't find them as boring as wet toast at all.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Harper

OK, well... let's take these in order.

Covers: I get very little input. The editors ask for ideas and reference photos and a synopsis about a year ahead of the publication date and I hand that over. Marketing then decides what they think will look good and sell and they send that on to the artist (Chris McGrath). Chris usually does a couple of versions and they pick one, show it to me, just to be polite, and then tweak it a bit to fit the cover design elements like title, quotes, and so on, on it and make it all pretty and "oo... I want to buy that..." If you want to see more Chris artwork, you can visit his site: christianmcgrath.com/. It's pretty cool and you'll probably see a lot of familiar covers (Chris is a very hard working guy.)

Book 5: Umm... Andrew, you're going to have to wait until I'm done with the revision of Book 4 (due Jan 15). I promise to kill you. Gruesome may have to do. Generally I don't start writing the next book until the revision of the previous one is done. It's just safer....

Me: Umm... yeah it's really me. Because I'm less busy than Orson. And I like fans. And stuff like that. Author, y'know: insecure, hermit, spends all her time in front of a computer.... Someday I really need to get a proper link to this place up on the website.... right now it's kind of hidden. But yeah, it's really me.

Process and stuff like that: You might want to start a thread with a specific question and I'm more than glad to answer it in as much detail as you can stand.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Harper

Oh, I forgot about the cover model question.

No, she's not what I had in mind. She's younger, cuter, and a lot curvier, but she sells books! (And she's French.) No, I've never met her. She's a friend and regular model of Chris's.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

It's a sci-fi tradition to have the women on the covers be better built than the characters. Going all the way back to the Edgar Rice Burroghs books.

I mean seriously, Dejah Thoris was supposed to be slender and lithe (as I recall). You look at the cover for the books and her boobs get places an hour before she does.