CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold

I've always read fast. When entering Middleschool I started on the biography and history books after finishing all of them I moved to fiction and picked up a book called "The Golden One" by Alexander Keyes. I was hooked after that I moved thru the shelves starting at A or Asimov.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Harper

Hey, Sakutian, I don't think I've ever heard of The Legend of Huma.... What's it about?

And you can never go wrong starting at A for Asimov. Good stuff!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

I'm excited to be describing the book but how to do it? In it's purest form Huma is the story of a young and noble knight rising up to face circumstances far beyond his measure, and the role he played in a horrific war. He's a hero, a legend, a myth and this book explains the deeds that made him so.

Essentially it is Huma's one story in which he meets Kaz the minotaur, faces down gods, undead wolves, dragons, and the gods themselves while managing to find a long lost weapon and turn the tide in the seemingly endless war of the lance.

I'm doing a poor job of describing it really but it's excellent and very much worth looking at if you have the opportunity. Easily the best thing to ever come out of the Dragonlance series.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Harper

No, no. That's good. It's a Dragonlance book? Neat. So does it feel more like a fairytale or more like an epic?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Haha well I always say it's THE Dragonlance book, the only thing that comes close to it are the following Kaz stories, but even they aren't quite as good. I'd definitely say it has an epic feel there is a sprinkling of fairytale as well though I suppose. Just enough to give it some zing without making you choke.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Harper

Ah-hah! Cool. I find the series very uneven, so I've never stuck with it. I missed that arc completely.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Yeah the series is very flighty, it's like a wild animal that you feed sort of. Some days it will be friendly and cuddle you a bit while it munches on whatever treats you offer(your money) and other days it will bite you without cause(stink like a paper mill). I fade in and out, doubt I've read a quarter of what's been written for it. The Huma story is only one book though so it's good, he didn't even get a whole arc for himself.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-07-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Thing One

About Arthurian legends
I only really liked the Crystal Cave and the Hollow Hills by
Mary Stewart. That and EE White's The Once and Future King.

The rest just doesn't make me happy. I won't read anything now that has even
hints of Arthur. I think he should have booted Lancelot and Gueniviere and said
SEE YA!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Ginger Lewis

I was always a precocious reader as a child but I didn't get into fantasy until I was in my late teens. Someone gave me a copy of Roger Zelazney's "Nine Princes in Amber" and said that I really HAD to read it. I did, loved it and went on to read the entire series. 25 years later, and fantasy is still my favourite genre. Coincidentally (or not) my childhood reading comprised mainly the mystery/detective genre which still comes a close second.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:09 AM
ImzadiDragonfly

I grew up watching sci-fi and fantasy with my dad. When I was six or seven (maybe younger) we had The Hobit on LP and I would play that over and over again. As for books it started with a couple of Andre Norton's Magic series given to me by my grandmother. Followed up by Margaret J. Anderson, Ray Bradbury and Ursula K. Le Guin. I found Lackey's Tregarde and Valdemar series and I was done for.