CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:11 AM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about three-quarters of the way through Lammas Night by Katherine Kurtz. It is set in WWII England, in the summer of 1940, and the premise of the book is basically, "What if Hitler's occult interests derived from the fact that he was really a powerful black magician?" The book then tells the story of how the occultists of England use their own magic to dissuade Hitler from invading England. I just hit the "ZOMG! It's Hitler!" scrying scene in the book, which while dead serious in the flow of the narrative is kind of funny when encapsulated in that manner.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:22 PM
King of Guinea Pig Hill

Kalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond reputeKalzazz has a reputation beyond repute

I just read Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett and was quite amused
Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Drowning in Words

Zayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant future

Let's see, since the last time I posted, I finished The Long Walk by Stephen King and most of Pigeon Feathers by Updike. I just could not get through all the short stories in it, and apparently no one in my book club could get through all of them either.

I also finished The Black Echo by Michael Connelly. It's the first novel in his series featuring Harry Bosch. I really enjoyed it and will probably be picking up the others in the series eventually.

I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett; it is the December selection for my book club, and I must say that I enjoyed it much more than I did our last selection.

I'm on the fence about what to pick up and read next, but I have plenty in Mount TBR here.

Bhuta ia; dewa ia. (Man is a demon; man is a god.)
Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Hagelrat

Happy Hour of the Damned - Mark Henry. A bit gross but entertaining.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Harper

Mark is really funny, but he is definitely grotesque.

I'm currently reading an ARC of an Urban Fantasy coming from Tor in April, called BLACK BLADE BLUES. It's about a girl blacksmith who finds herself in possession of a legendary Norse sword and you know how those Norse gods were... things get really freaky really fast. Author's name is J.A. Pitts and so far it's pretty good!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 PM
I am the one you warned me of

Imaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant futureImaginos has a brilliant future

I'm reading Way of the Wolf, book 1 in THE VAMPIRE EARTH series by E. E. Knight.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Relentless

Stephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond reputeStephane has a reputation beyond repute

I like that series. It's kind of a fun one.
Closed Thread