CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:54 AM
Hagelrat

Default End of month Book Check - what are reading right now!

Scalzi's - The Androids Dream, i'm about halfway through and i'm enjoying it but finding it a slower read than most i've picked up recently.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Orally bankrupt

Starhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond repute

TOLL THE HOUNDS - the newest volume of the Malazan Book of the Fallen by Stephen Erikson. Just came out this week. This series has gotten so epic and so baroque that I'm genuinely having trouble keeping up -- but at the same time, I can't stop.

NECROPOLIS - Dan Abnett. Third volume of the Gaunt's Ghosts series of Warhammer 40K game fiction. Compelling stuff for some reason.

Quote:
Scalzi's - The Androids Dream, i'm about halfway through and i'm enjoying it but finding it a slower read than most i've picked up recently.
I started that book after being satisfied with Scalzi's OLD MAN'S WAR series... and got incredibly bored and put the book down early. I never used to do that, but using the library rather than paying cash makes me feel a lot more free to be discriminatory with my time.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Ailing Ninja

Baelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant futureBaelfyre has a brilliant future

Dark Glory War by Michael Stackpole, I believe. It's a good read, and a good series.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Currently I'm in the middle of reading the Black Company, #5 or #6. (whichever one switches from Croaker to Lady as narrator.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, all I'm reading is textbooks...
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Drowning in Words

Zayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant future

I just finished Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg. I'm starting Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Oh, and I'm also reading a textbook.

Bhuta ia; dewa ia. (Man is a demon; man is a god.)
Old 09-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Harper

I'm reading a mystery, Blood of the Wicked. It's as far as I could get from the work in progress.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

SD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to allSD Anderson is a name known to all

Picked up an Amazon Kindle. I think if and when I review it, it'll get numerous bad marks, but it does deliver material from Amazon to it FAST and readable.

Currently looking over the advanced sample of Vincent Bugliousi's "The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder".
Old 09-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Ladyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to beholdLadyfyreyes is a splendid one to behold

I'm rereading Burnt Offering by Larual K Hamilton. While I'm enjoying rereading the book it makes me very sad because is shows just how much the character has changed and not for the best. Hamilton was once an awesome writer and it sad to be reminded.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Hagelrat

i've put Scalzi aside for a couple of days in favour of the second Jz Parks book by Jennifer Rardin, which I am hooked on.
Closed Thread