CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Well, I was going to read Mean Streets. But apparently Sci-Fi Book Club rab out of copies and refunded my money.

I read the first two Artemis Fowl books this weekend. They're interesting fluff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

The Artemis Fowl series has one of the best takes on dwarves ever.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Harper

"Ran out"...? WTF? They print their own!

*boggle*
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Hagelrat

I really enjoyed Mean Streets and will definately be looking for another Remy story at some point (obv already a Harper & Dresden fan).

Presently reading The Unfallen Dead by Marco Del Franco (slowish start but enjoying it), an ARC of The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet by Rief Larson (only just received it but it's just about the cutesdt thing i've seen in a while just to look at) and am about to start the Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton for book group (not lef tmyself long the meeting is in two weeks. I haven't read The House at Riverton and would never normally have looked at this one so it's a library visit for that.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

The next Remy Chandler book is coming out in April. I have a B&N gift card that has been purposed for that book specifically.

I picked up Mean Streets the day it came out in the stores. I finally read The Third Death of the Little Clay Dog yesterday. I loved it. Today I'll get the Remy Chandler story in. Then I'll go back to the beginning and read Dresden and Taylor.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

While I was on vacation I satrted and finished reading A Kiss Before the Apocalypse. Overall it was a pretty good introduction to the story and the charcters but it was awfully sad. I sort of like the Mean Srets short Noah's Children more because the author seems more comfrotable with the characters there which is probably only natural since it isn't the first go.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakutian View Post
While I was on vacation I satrted and finished reading A Kiss Before the Apocalypse. Overall it was a pretty good introduction to the story and the charcters but it was awfully sad. I sort of like the Mean Srets short Noah's Children more because the author seems more comfrotable with the characters there which is probably only natural since it isn't the first go.

I've got about 70 pages left in Dancing on the Head of a Pin. I'm enjoying the series a lot. I think you'll find this book to be sad too.

Did you read Noah's Orphans before Kiss? If so, do you think you missed anything having read them out of order? Or were things explained well enough that you didn't feel you missed anything?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImzadiDragonfly View Post
I've got about 70 pages left in Dancing on the Head of a Pin. I'm enjoying the series a lot. I think you'll find this book to be sad too.

Did you read Noah's Orphans before Kiss? If so, do you think you missed anything having read them out of order? Or were things explained well enough that you didn't feel you missed anything?
I did read Noah's Orphans before Kiss but I wouldn't say I missed out on anything by reading them out of order. Most of the time I end up reading series out of order, I tend to just nab whatever sounds interesting on the shelf and if there is a series I tear through it from there. First Dresden Files book I read was Dead Beat just as an example. But yeah things were explained well enough for me to follow and understand what was going on.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 PM
ImzadiDragonfly

Good to know. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Not a problem in the least. Any thoughts about Dancing on the Head of a Pin aside from enjoying it? I'm sort of torn between getting that when int becomes possible or the new Dresden Files book.