CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Nope to all three I'm afarid, so many authors so little time. Plus I've become spoiled on supernatural detectives ever since I picked up Harrry Dresden for the first time. Anything else has to fight twice as hard to make t it to my shopping bag, or at least fight dirty
Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 AM
Harper

Y'know... from the rest of your comments, I'm betting you're going to love Remy Chandler when you get to reading Tom Sniegoski's novella in Mean Streets...
Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

*Sigh* Sadly my copy of Mean Streets has been waylayid by nerdowells and I shall have to wait at least a day or two longer for it. Now I'm really curious though thats three stories in it I want to read.

With a name like Remy though I'd say you've made a safe bet for me to like him.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Y'know... from the rest of your comments, I'm betting you're going to love Remy Chandler when you get to reading Tom Sniegoski's novella in Mean Streets...

For the record you were pretty dead on, I do like Remy enough to be interested in his seires.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM
AnotherSKip

Though not at all familiar with Dresden or Greywalker....

I like Mercedes Lackey, I really wish she would retackle Diana Tregarde and deal some more with modern supernatural investigations.

Is anything relatively close to another ML group of Books the Elemental Masters?

Also Anyone read Suzanna Clarks Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel?

or is that too off/early for this kind of style?

*Runs just in case they grab up Pitchforks and torches....*
Old 01-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSKip View Post
I like Mercedes Lackey, I really wish she would retackle Diana Tregarde and deal some more with modern supernatural investigations.
Lackey only ever did the three Tregarde books, which I think were probably my first foray into "urban fantasy". I think she and Rosemary Edgehill have even stopped writing in the Bedlam's Bard set, almost as though the more urban fantasy that has been written, the less they want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherSKip View Post

Also Anyone read Suzanna Clarks Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel?

or is that too off/early for this kind of style?

*Runs just in case they grab up Pitchforks and torches....*

I read and enjoyed it a while ago, not pitchforks or torches neede your safe.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Harper

Somewhere around there's a long and rather heart-rending post by Ms. Lackey about why she stopped writing the Diana Tregarde novels. It's pretty grim and with the associations she has for that series, I'm not surprised she hasn't gone back to it. I was a bit surprised the old ones were reissued, but I guess that was really up to her publisher, not her.

I'm working through the Elemental Masters series at the moment and I really like it. Her twisted takes on fairy tales are wonderful. Jim C. Hines has a new book out that takes off from the post-Happily Ever After ending of Cinderella, so if you like the new twist on fairytales approach, you might want to check out his new book, THE STEPSISTER SCEME. It's traditional, not urban, fantasy, but it's loads of fun.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 PM
whitetrash

I'm a new fan and will stay a fan love the series so far.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Harper

gosh, thanks. And welcome to the forum! Don't forget to take a look at the rest of Critical Fumble--there's some really nifty things in the main boards if you are into RPGs.