CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelrat View Post
Eric, i'm also very glad i saw them in that order, I enjoy the TV show having seen it first, but I think i'd have been disspointed the other way around.
Apart from nobody looking right, and the charecters being played and directed all wrong, and the removal of the main charecter's real flaws, the series was still poorly written, badly acted, and otherwise useless.

Had I not started the books before the shows, I would likely have never picked up the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Thing One

I share the Greywalker series with my husband and younger brother.
I have been trying to get more people reading this series on a Book Group forum that I am part of, but I think they either expect more sex, or they like male protagonists more than I do.

I only like Butcher in his novella's. Otherwise Harry just pisses me off when he is incompetant. Simon R Green - I read for a book group. I don't like how 2D his females are - especially the first book.

I read 444 books last year, a ton of them on audio. 114 of them were brand new books. The Greywalker series is an automatic buy for me, and poor Kat has to deal with me as her major fan. I have had the amazing opportunity to see her a lot - as I am in Seattle and she does lots of events here.

My name on the forum is the one she gave me!

I think that Kat's is a refreshing change from so many of the formula paranormal stuff that is out right now. Thank god there isn't one vampire with a weird name that is super matcho and an amazing lover who is saved by Harper's love LOL

And I LOVE that these are set in Seattle (I have been to London so I am excited about book 4).

I read sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, mystery, romance, action, humor, fiction and a ton of YA and teen books.

Has anyone else read Sunshine by Robin McKinley? It just came out on Audio!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:06 AM
Harper

Hi Thing One! Welcome to the forum.

I hope you'll report on Sunshine for us--I haven't even had time to buy it much less read it.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing One View Post
Simon R Green - I read for a book group. I don't like how 2D his females are - especially the first book.
Which Simon R Green series are you referring to? The start of Nightside didn't really focus on anyone but John Taylor, but his other series like Deathstalker and Haven are more balanced in the main characters, who are not two-dimensional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
nerdgirl

Default book 4

I love the Greywalker series! I picked up a copy of Greywalker in the Seattle Mystery Bookshop (fab store!) and just loved it. I have since bought the second and third (and tore through them in a couple of days) and can hardly wait for book four to come out. Does anybody know when that will be? ThingOne, you might be able to shed some light on this for me. I checked out Kat's site and it doesn't mention a release date.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Harper

The date I've got right now is August 4, but I'm not sure since I've been kind of preoccupied. Amazon probably has it right.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

As far as fantsy is concerned I've read quite a bit of it over the eyars from any number of writers. I have read all of the Greywalker books and I enjoy them, the same can be said for The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I have a soft spot for supernatural detectives for some reason. Not quite sure why.

Honestly I love the worlds of magic where wizards are around every corner and dragons are underneath your bed. They're just amazing to me and they always have been.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Harper

Hey, have you read Rob Thurman's Cal Leandros books? I'm very fond of Rob's stuff--she's good! (Yup, a girl named "Rob"...)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have actually, I really enjoyed them too. She's certainly a good writer and she has apretty unique world carved out for herself. I love Rob Fellows and George so much which is odd since they aren't really the main characters I suppose.

I've gotten into quite a run of female authors lately, they just seem to write what I like more often. Richelle Mead, Rachel Caine, Laurell K. Hamilton, Rob Thurman, and of course Kat Richardson too haha.

Last edited by Sakutian; 01-06-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Harper

How 'bout Wen Spencer? L.A. Banks? Both pretty good girls-in-androgynous-pseudonyms, though Banks is a lot farther on the Horror side. The flip side of that coin is Kelly McCollough who's a guy with a girly name. Nice fellow, though I haven't had the time to read his books.