CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Harper

Default Books and Bookplates

Hi Minions!

Since all books are being shipped directly from the publishers, they will not be signed when they arrive. Bookplates will arrive soon and they will be signed (and dated) and ready to put in your books. These are special minion book plates, one design for your lending copy of Greywalker and different design for your shiny new hardcover of Downpour.

Both the bookplates and t-shirts have been delayed due to printer problems. I had to find new printers when the original ones screwed up and didn't deliver. I will get the rest of the materials to you guys as soon as I can, but I thought you'd want your books first if you could get them.

UK minions should be receiving their books soon, too.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 AM
SharonS

It's all cool, and you were right, getting a copy of the books early was a pleasant surprise. Already loaned out Greywalker to a neighbor <G>.

Right now I am in mourning over the closing of our local Borders I go there every Friday to browse, buy and just smell all those books <G>. They had the biggest and best Manga collection around.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Harper

On the Borders front, there was an announcement today that Books-a-Million is going to buy 30 of the old Borders stores and take an option to buy on 5 more, so while that might not save the one near you, at least there is a chance.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Mist

Books first is very nice.

My minion copy of Greywalker is on its way to its first new reader.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:26 AM
SharonS

That would be nice, I've never been to a Books-A-Million. There isn't one in this area, which might make our Borders attractive them! I know the Borders near me was doing well. I am headed there today so maybe I can spread a little monkey dust around
Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 PM
darklydanie

It was so sad that Book-A-Million backed out. I am really going to miss Borders. On a happier note I cannot wait for my bookplates!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 AM
Harper

Update: Bookplates arrived today and I have the t-shirts and cards already, so I'll be packing them up and mailing them to you guys this weekend. I'm so sorry for the wait.

Once you have your stuff, you can go forth and revel in your Minionosity! (and help me take over the world.)
Old 07-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Mist

What are we going to do tonight Brain?

The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world...

Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Marq2.0

I just got home from surgery and Downpour will be keeping me company through my recovery. I, for one, am deeply grateful for the timing decisions you made and this book will always be remembered as something special for being here with me.

As to my lending copy, there's already a line of people waiting their turn. It turns out it's very easy to generate interest in an amazing series!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Harper

Sorry to say I missed the post office by an hour--it took longer to get the packages together than I'd thought it would--so t-shirts, bookplates, and cards will be winging to the minions on Monday.