CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:35 AM
Harper

Default Labyrinth

Book 5 has a strange history already, since it's the continuation and wrap up of Book 4 (Vanished), the end of the initial vampire cycle, and the only book in the series (I hope) that can't stand on its own.

But after a struggle with the title (first my editor wanted to change it, then my publisher wanted to change it) I got to keep the one I preferred and today I sent 110,600 words of first draft in to my editor.

LABYRINTH is officially in editorial for hardcover release August 2010.

More interesting announcements coming soon....
Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Anthraxus

Woohoo! So exciting. Can't wait to see the cover for the wiki.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Harper

I don't have an official cover yet. Only an initial concept draft I'm not allowed to show. But it's very nice!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Hagelrat

Very exciting news!! can't wait for more.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:45 AM
whitetrash

that is awesome
Old 12-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

I love that title to no end and I'm glad you got to keep it. So...will Harper be seeing any Minotaurs in the Grey this time around?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Harper

No minotaurs this time, though lots of allusions to them...

I'm now done with the first pass on the revision and going to take one more look at it after New Year's Day. The word count went up to 121,000+ and the ending got a big re-write that's still a little off, but it should be fixed now, but for a bit of tweaking.

I find this book very tiring to work on: it's the toughest thing I've done so far and I'm looking forward to the next one, just because anything has to be easier. Though the amount of research for Book 6 is already daunting. Anyone with knowledge of Voudon, Santeria, and/or Chinese Alchemy (not medicine, but the old-fashioned mystical stuff with demons and minor gods) drop me a line... Also anyone living in or near the Olympic National Forest....

I have an official cover now, but I can't yet show it off due to catalog restrictions. I'll get it up as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, Thea Maia and her husband Eric are busily re-designing my main website, which should make it easier to update and maintain as well as a lot sexier--with hidden ferrets!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
rse2412

I am really looking forward to Labyrinth and am very pleased it is getting longer in the rewrite, though obviously not pleased it is giving you grief.

Is the book still on deadline for late in 2010?

Rae
Old 12-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Anthraxus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Though the amount of research for Book 6 is already daunting. Anyone with knowledge of Voudon, Santeria, and/or Chinese Alchemy (not medicine, but the old-fashioned mystical stuff with demons and minor gods) drop me a line... Also anyone living in or near the Olympic National Forest....
By Chinese Alchemy are you referring to Neidan, or just general classical Taoism?
Old 12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Harper

Rae: Yep, still on track for original release date of Aug 2010.

Anthraxus: See... I don't know. Suggestion from a friend was to combine the folk magic/religions of the two prominent ethnic underclasses in the Washington state area during the Territorial days. Those were the blacks and Chinese. Now, Voudon and Santeria I have a little idea about, but when the Chinese show up, I know only the politics, not the magic and religion. What would be the differences and details be?