CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

View Poll Results: What belongs in Urban Fantasy?
vampires (of the evil Dracula variety) 17 89.47%
vampires (of the Anita Blake and/or Angel/Buffy variety) 17 89.47%
werewolves 18 94.74%
other lycanthropes 18 94.74%
magic (of the Cheap Wicca aka Charmed variety) 11 57.89%
magic (of the conjuration/alchemical variety) 18 94.74%
magic (of the Harry Potter variety) 11 57.89%
angels and/or demons 16 84.21%
aliens 3 15.79%
super technology (cyborgs, freeze rays, laser guns) 5 26.32%
elves and/or other fairie folk 14 73.68%
local myth o' the week (native american spirits, kitsune, djinn, etc) 17 89.47%
time travel 5 26.32%
alternate dimensions 13 68.42%
zombies (of the Dawn of the Dead variety) 15 78.95%
intelligent animals (with or without the power of speech) 10 52.63%
telepathy, telekinesis, and other psychic powers (as distinct from magic) 15 78.95%
Something you left off the list (as filled in below) 6 31.58%
You're an insensitive clod! 4 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2009, 09:37 AM
AnotherSKip

I think UF needs everything But Insensitive clods.

there are some very nice urban fantasy.....

*Blink*

The Aliens could be fighting the Elves for control of the planet while no one is the wiser.....
Undercover commandos supertech vs Magical forces in a supernatural duel to the death for control of humanities imagination and the strip mining thereof.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute

I love Urban Fantasy because it can take all those wonderfully fun ingredients and put them in my world. The world of today.

I just got cast in an urban fantasy film that is a romeo and juliet story where Juliet is an elf and Romeo's family are elf-hunters in this modern day. I get to be Romeo's mother (only it's a bigger part than the Montegue mom in the Shakespear play thank heavens). I also get to be the first of the parents to think that killing Juliet and her family may not be the best idea. It's going to be cheesy, campy and wholely fun.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Harper

Wow, Nymph! That's sounds like way too much fun.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Wow, Nymph! That's sounds like way too much fun.
Heh.. .I'm trying to talk the director into adding a fight scene at the end.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:50 AM
ImzadiDragonfly

That sounds like fun Nymph. I hope you get your fight seen!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleNymph View Post
Heh.. .I'm trying to talk the director into adding a fight scene at the end.
You mean instead of "everybody dies?" or as an addition?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's just me but I'd like to see more robots making their way into urban fantasy. Not a ton I mean one or two would be plenty. Sme death rays would be fantastic too. Yeah I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned death ray.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Harper

Hmm... may I suggest a bit of Steampunk? It's generally categorized as Science Fiction, but since it depends on alternate history and technology that has been by passed or is impractical, I tend to think of it as a Fantasy thing, really. Not too many other Fantasy elements in most of it, yet, but I expect that may happen.

Why does the book Anno Dracula come to mind...?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

Steam punk would be really cool if it got incorporated into urban fantasy a bit more. Honestly I can't think of an author or series that has done it except for the Steamboy movie of course but that's not really urban fantasy.

Anno Dracula?

This sort of random but it's an idea that has been eating at me for months now. I want some urban fantasy crossovers! Harry Dresden meets Harper Blaine! Dr. Strange meets Georgina Kincaid! Joanne Baldwin meets somebody else! Seriously I know it would be weird but it'd be fantastic.

Last edited by Sakutian; 02-03-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Mad Scientist in Training

BlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud ofBlueNinja has much to be proud of

Sak: You've never read Girl Genius by Phil Foglio? You are truly missing out on a steampunk classic.

Steampunk is one of those things that everyone likes ... a little bit. I like steampunk, but I don't think it would fit well in Greywalker, Dresden, SERRAted Edge, or Dark Hunter series - which are IMO the "good" series in urban fantasy.

Also, please dear god no Anita Blake / Harper Blaine crossovers. Ugh. Well, maybe if Harper ends up kicking Anita's ass ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Say I'm an egotistical douche. Say I am ridiculously stubborn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COTSBOE View Post
Why can't junk be off limits for medical affliction?