CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

Sakutian is on a distinguished road

I've been reading E.E. Knight's The Age of Fire books the last day or two, I'm only on the second book at the moment. They're entertaining or at least I think so. Anyone else read any of them?

Last edited by Sakutian; 05-20-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Archemedes

Aside from the Greywalker series, I've been reading the Vampire Huntress Legend by L.A. Banks. I really dug the first novel 'Minion', but the second novel has just been kinda 'meh'. I've tried reading Anita Blake, but there's something about her writing that really turns me off.

I also enjoy American Gods by Neil Gaiman, the Harry Potter series. When pay day rolls around, I think I'm going to have to go to Borders or Barnes & Noble to check out some of the series suggested here.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:30 AM
scorsone

Right now I'm reading, or trying to, "The Summoning" by Kelley Armstrong (female). It's not a very good book. I bought it cause the front cover looked really good and the blurb on the back made me believe it's a good book. But it's so slow. I'm halfway through the book and like one thing has happened. When I was reading Greywalker, things happened in quick succession. I don't think I'll be reading any other books in the series, this was the first.

I'm waiting until I get through with this book, then I want to read "Strange Angels" by Lillith St. Crow. Again the front cover looks really good and blurb on the back is really good to. Criques at BN and Borders say the book really moves (which is what they also said about The Summoning...)

Waiting for "Underground" to come out in paper back!!!

KB
Old 08-05-2009, 05:55 PM
whitetrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakutian View Post
I've been reading E.E. Knight's The Age of Fire books the last day or two, I'm only on the second book at the moment. They're entertaining or at least I think so. Anyone else read any of them?

yup I love them and his vampire earth series rocks also

terry brooks
clive cussler
jim butcher
russell kirkpatrick
and so many more
Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakutian View Post
Has anyone read anything be C.E. Murphy? IF so what are your thoughts? if you don't mind sharing that is.
I've read all of the Walker Papers and the Negotiator trilogy. I haven't read the Inheritor's books yet.

I like the Walker Papers. Joanna is a reluctant shaman who doesn't really accept her powers at first, then realizes she needs to learn more about what she can do.

The Negotiator trilogy deals with a human who finds out about the Old Races. Gargoyles, vampires, selkies, djinn and dragons. It's been a while since I read them, but basically it's what happens when the human world collides with one of the Old Races.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:36 PM
rse2412

I am currently reading my way through the Smoke and Shadows series by Tanya Huff. Good fun and an easy read.

Rae