CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Hagelrat

I've never come across Mercedes Lackey...hmmm... can't wait for pay day.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Radiation Romeo

Chimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond reputeChimaera has a reputation beyond repute

I've read a bunch of books in this genre, including most mentioned here. To be honest, with a few notable exceptions, I find the genre in danger of parodying itself to be imminent. I have not read Graywalker and I will be picking up the first book to check out. On the basis of what's been said here, I'm curious to check it out.
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -- Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Hagelrat

Chimaera, I will be interested to hear what you think!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelrat View Post
I've never come across Mercedes Lackey...hmmm... can't wait for pay day.
She's really prolific, so you have to pick and choose with her. Most of her work is straight fantasy. As far as I know the only forays she's made into UF are the Tregards, beginning with Burning Water and the SERRAted Edge books which she did with a collaborator whose name is slipping my mind. Elves with racing cars!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Lurkmeister

Morden is on a distinguished road

Just finished the Dante Valentine series now.

I'm still not sure I liked it, but at least I've never wanted one main character to just kill another main character so badly
Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Taco

Valdier is a name known to allValdier is a name known to allValdier is a name known to allValdier is a name known to allValdier is a name known to allValdier is a name known to all

I think my favorite book I have read in a long time has been:

World War Z

Not sure what genre it falls into... Post-apocalyptic-modern-zombie-horror-war-memoirs?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Corylanus Avellana

Haze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant future

I enjoy Kelley Armstrong's books.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Hagelrat

Haze I think Kelley Armstrong is excellent. Are you reading her YA series as well?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Corylanus Avellana

Haze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelrat View Post
Haze I think Kelley Armstrong is excellent. Are you reading her YA series as well?
I've actually just started The Summoning.

Kelley has set up a separate website for that series which is quite a good intro.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Drowning in Words

Zayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant futureZayda has a brilliant future

I'm enjoying Michelle Sagara's Chronicles of Elantra series thus far. Book One, Cast in Shadow, really keeps you guessing.

Bhuta ia; dewa ia. (Man is a demon; man is a god.)