CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Thunderdome: The Sports Haven

Thunderdome: The Sports Haven Discuss any and all sports -- professional, collegiate, amateur, or fantasy.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:12 AM
The unsullied one.

Ischade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond repute

There is a minor complication.

I have a bariatric surgery, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, scheduled for 8/10. We usually start drafting about mid august. I will be of varying states of mind and my ability to prep and plan will be limited so I'll be all my planning work hopefully next week and that includes getting draft order set and everyone signed up.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ischade View Post
There is a minor complication.

I have a bariatric surgery, Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, scheduled for 8/10. We usually start drafting about mid august. I will be of varying states of mind and my ability to prep and plan will be limited so I'll be all my planning work hopefully next week and that includes getting draft order set and everyone signed up.
Congrats on the surgery, my wife had a duodenal switch, and is down over 200 lbs.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:14 PM
The unsullied one.

Ischade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond reputeIschade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
Congrats on the surgery, my wife had a duodenal switch, and is down over 200 lbs.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Thanks. Also, *low whistle* the switch is a pretty hardcore procedure as these ones go from what I've heard...
Old 07-24-2017, 08:16 AM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ischade View Post
Thanks. Also, *low whistle* the switch is a pretty hardcore procedure as these ones go from what I've heard...
She's had good luck with it, no major problems or side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 AM
The unsullied one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Brian View Post
She's had good luck with it, no major problems or side effects.
My cousin had it done, died on the table and they had to resuscitate him.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Orally bankrupt

Starhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond reputeStarhawk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the surgery Ischade. I wish you health.

I'm open for August except for Gen Con; I'll be nearly 100% out of contact Aug 16-21. Still will be in the preseason at that point so hopefully it won't be an impediment.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to be crazy busy with the start of the semester come draft time, but I'll be around.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:54 AM
The unsullied one.

I'm having enough clear minded moments with pain management that I'm going to try and get the draft threads, invites, and such done tomorrow. The league has already been created on ESPN so all I'll need to do is invite everyone.

NOTE: It has been a concern in the past that ESPN puts your actual name next to your use account but that you can set that name to be whatever the hell you want. If you don't want your IRL name listed in the league be sure to change this before joining the league.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:57 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Are we still on for having a league this year? Have I missed an invite and everyone is waiting on me? Unfortunately I don't have a lot of bandwidth to help organize this year, so I can't really help pick up the slack.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:46 PM
The unsullied one.

Ok, I got mesages out for all the emails. Draft will begin basically the moment I have all the addresses. I'm still on medical leave till the start of the season so I'll be fully available to drive the draft. Kal, Pauly, I recall you guys having limited availability in the past, please make liberal use of the ability to do proxies so we can get this done before the season starts.

Welcome back to thunderdome folks.