CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > CriticalFumble.net Community Forums > Gamers: Ethics & Religion

Gamers: Ethics & Religion Discussion of ethics and religion and what place they have around the gaming table. The point of this forum is to give space to all the ethical stuff that is or is not relevant that gamers insist on talking about anyway. Also much discussion of real-world issues including religion and politics. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR THE THIN-SKINNED! You have been warned.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:23 PM
just this guy, you know?

silverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhisper has a reputation beyond repute
Default obama 12th best POTUS, per group of historians, POTUS watchers

i thought this was an onion article, too. it isn't.

progressive though i am, the curb-stomping of civil liberties and authoritarianism which accelerated under w continued more or less unabated under his successor AFAICT. assassination of a US citizen on the president's say so is a pretty black mark for any sitting president, although i'm sure obama wasn't first, and he certainly won't be the last.

though i'm a fan of the ACA, the lily ledbetter act, and a number of other things he did while in office, they don't outweigh those pretty significant problems.

[this space intentionally left blank so arch and BB can fall over in shock that i said something critical about obama]

here's the link.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhisper View Post

progressive though i am, the curb-stomping of civil liberties and authoritarianism which accelerated under w continued more or less unabated under his successor AFAICT. assassination of a US citizen on the president's say so is a pretty black mark for any sitting president, although i'm sure obama wasn't first, and he certainly won't be the last.

though i'm a fan of the ACA, the lily ledbetter act, and a number of other things he did while in office, they don't outweigh those pretty significant problems.

[this space intentionally left blank so arch and BB can fall over in shock that i said something critical about obama]

here's the link.
Not in shock at all. You've been critical of President Obama before. I never thought you to be a mindless party sycophant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

That list ranks Bill Clinton over James Madison.

(I just learned we don't have an "I need a drink" smiley, so pretend one's here.)

Quote:
[this space intentionally left blank so arch and BB can fall over in shock that i said something critical about obama
Nah, I knew you'd had some critical opinion of Obama on the human rights front. You might drink part of the kool-aid, but you diluted it first.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:22 PM
Bona fide Fumbler

David Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlordDavid Argall is an evil overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhisper View Post
I am still not sure it isn't [at least unintentionally].

https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2017/

Now I "credit" Obama's high ranking to a bunch of democrats voting for Democrats, and the 1st black president, but any survey that ranks JFK above him [and puts JFK well in the top 10] doesn't deserve to be taken seriously.

David Argall

Tags
obama, potus, presidents