CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Corylanus Avellana

Haze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant future

I'm over half way through Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey. It's been interesting so far and I'm curious as to how it ends.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Anthraxus

Just started reading Vanished a few days ago.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
sensitive clod

marmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to beholdmarmalade is a splendid one to behold

My mom loaned me The God Delusion, but since Dawkins takes the scenic route through every chapter, I'm alternating chapters with A Meeting in Corvallis.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Harper

I've got an ARC called LADY LAZARUS--historical fantasy by debut author Michele Lang--at the moment. Just finished a thrilled called EVEN by Andrew Grant.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Ninja Hyena

Archaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond reputeArchaelos has a reputation beyond repute

Finishing up a reread of Stephen Donaldson's Mordant's Need duology. Started reading Gaiman's Sandman series. I got Greywalker for Christmas and that's on my soon to read list with Sanderson's Mistborn, McCarthy's Border Trilogy, and Romeo Dallaire's Shake Hands with the Devil. Not sure which I'll read next.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Hagelrat

I have the ARC for Mark Newton's City of Ruin ready to go on the sony pocket. Will be starting it at lunch today.
In paperback going back to Laughing Boy's Shadow after putting it aside for some quick reads over xmas, and reading a YA novel Need. Well, who can decide on just one book?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

I just picked up Interview with the Vampire this afternoon. Despite running a PBP V:tM campaign elsewhere on this site for the past three years, which includes material I first started working on 12-13 years ago, I've never read any of Anne Rice's stuff. I'm starting to fix that now.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Hagelrat

be interested to hear what you think of Interview.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:38 PM
rse2412

Just had a "Where Angels Fear to Tread" by Thomas Sniegorski delivered. Looking forward to another Remy Chandler story.

Rae
Old 03-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelrat View Post
be interested to hear what you think of Interview.
I finished it a while ago, but forgot about this post.

It was pretty good, although I had a little trouble getting into the story. Part of that was that I got really busy right when I started reading the book, so there were several nights in a row where I fell asleep after a few paragraphs or a couple of pages, part of it was trying to turn off the part of my brain that now almost automatically associates descriptions of vampires in action with game mechanics, and part because I felt the story didn't really pick up until Claudia arrived on the scene. The last two-thirds or three-quarters of the book is pretty good, once Lestat becomes less of a central figure in the narrative.