CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Yes, I'm looking at YOU

BattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond reputeBattleNymph has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja View Post
I thought you said you hadn't read Greywalker.
He's talking about Laurell Hamilton I think?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Corylanus Avellana

Haze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant future

Never read any of the GreWalker books or others by that author. Would the Simon Green Nightside books be of similar ilk?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Lurkmeister

Morden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Never read any of the GreWalker books or others by that author. Would the Simon Green Nightside books be of similar ilk?
The Nightside is more epic (archetypes and suchlike). Greywalker is more 'normal' - closer to Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series. At least the two first (the only ones I've read).
Old 09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Ivory Tower dwelling Cultural Elitist

Brother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Dresden is awesome.

The tv series sucked donkey balls.
I agree, although Small Favor seemed a bit flat to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen View Post
Sometimes, you outgrow promises you make to yourself. That doesn't mean you just couldn't hack it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen
Welcome the Forge of Reality (tm), motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelos
I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who's memories of political events stretch back exactly to the day after the last time their side did something they don't like.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Harper

I'm a fan of Jim Butcher, but I have to admit I can't keep up with the books. he's been a very busy guy the past two years. Check out the graphic novel if you can--it's Butcher's current fave project and it shows! (He does the writing himself.)

Simon R. Green is a bit more interested in archetypes than I am, but in terms of feel I think there are some similarities. And he's a genuinely odd guy, so you gotta love that all by itself. The new Nightside cycle is kind of like James Bond goes to Hell and Gets In Trouble than the previous cycle, IMO.

Laurell is still the reigning queen of the genre, but she's not writing what she used to. Take that how you will.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Corylanus Avellana

Haze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant futureHaze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morden View Post
The Nightside is more epic (archetypes and suchlike). Greywalker is more 'normal' - closer to Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series. At least the two first (the only ones I've read).
Okay, I've read most of her books.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Lurkmeister

Morden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Okay, I've read most of her books.
I might have been a bit unclear there.
I've read all of Nightside and Otherworld, but only the two first of Greywalker.

So far, I'd say that Greywalker is about a normal person being dragged into weirdness, whereas Otherworld is about a kinda normal person walking by themselves into weirdness, and the Nightside is just plain weird.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Corylanus Avellana

Quote:
I might have been a bit unclear there.
I've read all of Nightside and Otherworld, but only the two first of Greywalker.
Whereas I have read all of Otherworld, some of Nightside and none of Greywalker.
Quote:
So far, I'd say that Greywalker is about a normal person being dragged into weirdness, whereas Otherworld is about a kinda normal person walking by themselves into weirdness, and the Nightside is just plain weird.
LOL!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
happykat

Hmmmm....I think I just found my new reading material.

BTW, Kim Harrison I liked. Anita Blake is way overrated (I won't be reading those again).
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Eatin' ain't cheatin'!

Origen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond reputeOrigen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinja View Post
I thought you said you hadn't read Greywalker.
Keep reading after the comma.

“And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.” - John Steinbeck, East of Eden

"Be orderly in your life, and ordinary like a bourgeois, in order to be violent and original in your works." - Gustave Flaubert