CriticalFumble.net Forums  

Go Back   CriticalFumble.net Forums > Fan Forums > Greywalker

Greywalker Unofficial fan forum for the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Harper

Default Be My Minion (mwahahahaha...)

Like the Greywalker series? Want to have a special place in my heart among the Greystalking horde? Then you want to be my minion—you know you do. I need minions to spread the word about my books (and who doesn’t want minions--Mwahahahaha?) and you need cool minion-only stuff.

And now you’re saying to yourself “How can I get to be a special Greystalking minion?” Here’s how: Write a short essay about why you’d like to be my minion. Include your name, email address, and complete postal address (human US residents only—sorry, my non-US fans.) Send it to me via email kat[dot]rchrdsn[at]gmail[dot]com by 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight time on June 16 2011. If I pick your essay you’ll receive a special box of “Greystalker” stuff:
  • A limited edition “Greystalker” t-shirt (for this year’s minions only)

• A “lending copy” of Greywalker #1 to lend to friends and potential new Greystalkers (with a personal inscription/bookplate to remind your friends who they borrowed the book from)
  • Bookmarks, postcards, and other promotional materials to give away (or horde for yourself)
  • And a personalized, signed copy of the newest Greywalker book, DOWNPOUR
  • Plus other special Greywalker offers and materials throughout the year.

Only 20 minions will be chosen this year and your t-shirt design will be unique to 2011 minions (and select publishing associates and family) only. When more minions join the Greystalking horde, they will receive a new t-shirt design so yours will always be a special limited edition. Potential minions must get their essays and information in to me by 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight time. Winners will be announced here and in the forum on Saturday June 25 2011. Your boxes of Greystalker stuff will be sent out in July so you'll have all your fun and nifty things before the US release of DOWNPOUR.

Want to know what the t-shirt looks like? Imagine a nice black t-shirt; the front image is a 6" logo on the right side of your chest; the back image is 12" x 14" centered. It's very nice.

Minion discussions will be hosted in here, but of course anyone is welcome to participate in the forum, so spread the news!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM
myyrdneopia

Like I would need incentive to be a minion. I mean, really. It's me.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Harper

True, but some people require a little... help.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Mist

Do we need to have a blog or something like that where we promote the books?

I'd like to be a minion because I love the books already and want more people to love them too, but what does being a minion entail?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:51 PM
myyrdneopia

I'm assuming just an extension of what any good fan does—word of mouth, etc etc. I've started con-going in the past year, so the shirt would definitely get worn to those. I've introduced a number of Jim Butcher-fans to Kat's work through copies of MEAN STREETS, as well as loaning out books. I'm personally thinking about ordering a poster print of the DOWNPOUR cover art. So, I think it's pretty much just being you, but with a shiny new title. And a couple perks, looks like.

Speaking of the cover art...

Kat, would you like me to put up the Downpour wallpapers on my flickr account and link here until you can get them on your site or wherever? Totally willing to do so.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Harper

Yup, basically being an official "minion" means creating word of mouth and continuing to be the cool fans and friends you already are, but with some extra materials and perks for making the extra effort.

Eventually I'd like to get some kind of Greywalker shop up, but it's way out at the end of a long list of "stuff I'd like to do."

Wallpaper: I'm sorry I haven't gotten those up. Been a little preoccupied. Do please put them up on your own sites. I WILL get them up at katrichardson.com eventually, but I'm plainly falling down on that job right now....