Thread: Gun Stuff
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Manly and Impulsive!

Mouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond reputeMouser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakutian View Post
Haha no I was thinking something in the -20s or lower.
Just like using a car, I would recommend using a lubricant that is rated for those temperatures.

On the other hand, after a few rounds, the barrel will be warm to the touch.

At any rate, the decent handguns (Glock, H&K, Sig-Sauer) are all rated for those temps. In fact, they're rated to be frozen in a block of ice, chipped out and then immediately fired.

I've seen stress tests of Sigs being dragged behind cars, dropped from heights, run over, and then successfully fired.

I've only heard of what they do to Glocks, but it's similar.

H&K invented the stress tests for their H&K 91? rifle.

"Jerusalem is not a settlement."
-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

"Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett