View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Trade-Bot 5000, the Prime Mover

Detritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond reputeDetritus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagelrat View Post
be interested to hear what you think of Interview.
I finished it a while ago, but forgot about this post.

It was pretty good, although I had a little trouble getting into the story. Part of that was that I got really busy right when I started reading the book, so there were several nights in a row where I fell asleep after a few paragraphs or a couple of pages, part of it was trying to turn off the part of my brain that now almost automatically associates descriptions of vampires in action with game mechanics, and part because I felt the story didn't really pick up until Claudia arrived on the scene. The last two-thirds or three-quarters of the book is pretty good, once Lestat becomes less of a central figure in the narrative.