Thread: Labyrinth
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Harper

No minotaurs this time, though lots of allusions to them...

I'm now done with the first pass on the revision and going to take one more look at it after New Year's Day. The word count went up to 121,000+ and the ending got a big re-write that's still a little off, but it should be fixed now, but for a bit of tweaking.

I find this book very tiring to work on: it's the toughest thing I've done so far and I'm looking forward to the next one, just because anything has to be easier. Though the amount of research for Book 6 is already daunting. Anyone with knowledge of Voudon, Santeria, and/or Chinese Alchemy (not medicine, but the old-fashioned mystical stuff with demons and minor gods) drop me a line... Also anyone living in or near the Olympic National Forest....

I have an official cover now, but I can't yet show it off due to catalog restrictions. I'll get it up as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, Thea Maia and her husband Eric are busily re-designing my main website, which should make it easier to update and maintain as well as a lot sexier--with hidden ferrets!