CriticalFumble.net Forums

CriticalFumble.net Forums (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/index.php)
-   Greywalker (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Site Scavenger Hunt! (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23291)

Harper 02-01-2010 06:15 PM

Site Scavenger Hunt!

Now didn't I say there was another contest coming?

You have a 5 hour head-start.

Here it is:

KatRichardson.com Site Scavenger Hunt:

Go to the site and find the answers to all the questions on the list--they are all on the new site somewhere, no need to look anywhere else. Send in the list with your answers using the Contact Form on the website.

The first person to get all the answers correct gets to pick one of the following prizes:
  1. A character named after you in Greywalker #6 (No guarantees about the character or what happens to them, or what sort of person/thing they are--this is purely at my discretion but you will be in the story. Legal paperwork will be required.)
  2. A signed original print by the site artist Thea Maia. (The specific print will be at Thea's discretion,m but you can see some of her work at: Polyvore and at MaiaArts)
  3. First pick of 5 items from the Mondo Bookpile (may include signed books, ARCS, swag items, etc from the list below).

Rules:
  1. All entries must be made through the website contact form. (And I can tell if you don't.) Entries must include your real name, your correct e-mail address, and the words "Scavenger Hunt" in the subject line.
  2. Contest ends at 11:59 pm PST on Saturday February 6 2010. Entries timestamped after that will not be considered (unless there aren't any other entries at all.)
  3. One entry per person (family members of the author are disqualified from participation in this contest--they get cool stuff from me already.)
  4. The first entry to get all answers correct wins the "Pick of the litter." If no entries are completely correct, the entry with the largest number of correct answers will be declared the winner. Ties will be determined by timestamp on the entry.
  5. Remaining prizes will be awarded in order, according to timestamp for each correct entry. Each successive winning entry will get to pick from the remaining prizes until all primary prizes are distributed.
  6. If winners do not respond within 72 hours to notification via email, the prize will be reassigned to the next qualifying entry who will be notified via e-mail.
  7. Winners will be announced on the website also at the first opportunity.

All entries (regardless of correctness of answers) who send their mailing address with the original entry will receive a new site-design bookmark, signed by me.

http://katrichardson.com/wp-content/...rk-300x105.jpg

Harper 02-01-2010 06:16 PM

The Scavenger Hunt Questions:
  1. What is the real name of the ferret whose photo appears on the site?
  2. What was my original field of study?
  3. Who is the POV character in the Labyrinth excerpt?
  4. What is the ISBN of the Polish book?
  5. Who really wrote The Bat?
  6. What was the date of the first News item on the site?
  7. Who gave the quote that used the term “kicks ass”?
  8. Where did Harper travel in Vanished?
  9. Who was the editor of the anthology I contributed a non-Harper Blaine story to?
  10. Which character did Tom Sniegoski write about?
  11. When will I be in San Francisco?
  12. Aside from my site, where else can you find calendar updates about my professional schedule?

Harper 02-01-2010 06:22 PM

The Mondo Bookpile (so far):

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler
Happy Hour of the Damned by Mark Henry (mmp)
Accidentally Demonic by Dakota Cassidy (not yet released!)
Trick of the Light by Rob Thurman
Blood of the Demon by Diana Rowland
X-Rated Blood Suckers by Mario Acevedo (ARC)
Mind Games by Carolyn Crane
Come Hell or High Water by Michele Bardsley
Black and White by Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge
Books and swag TBA from/by Jeanne Stein
Mean Streets by Butcher, Green, Richardson, Sniegoski (mmp)
Underground by Kat Richardson (mmp)
Vanished by Kat Richardson (hardcover)
Bone Song by John Meany
Already Dead by Charlie Huston
Book by Richelle Mead TBA

Other items may be added later.

rse2412 02-01-2010 08:18 PM

My luck normally stinks at things like this, but I have completed my entry and sent it off. It is quarter past midnight here (in the UK), I will be yawning my head off all day at work tomorrow (lawyers can yawn too, you know!), but it has been worth it.

Great new site at Greywalker.com. Thanks for doing all that Kat and I will keep my fingers crossed!

Rae

PS The links at katrichardson.com weren't working when I went in to the site.

Harper 02-01-2010 11:00 PM

links weren't working... weird. I'll check on that.

Harper 02-01-2010 11:07 PM

Rae: I haven't received it but the contact form does seem to be working--for me at least. Please re-send it. I don't have any other forms in yet, so I'll make a note about the time.

Kalzazz 02-01-2010 11:26 PM

Im probably way way way to late, but submitted!

Harper 02-01-2010 11:28 PM

Not yet, my dear!

Kalzazz 02-01-2010 11:34 PM

Ack! I got one of the questions wrong, Im a moron. Resubmiting sigh

ImzadiDragonfly 02-02-2010 02:53 AM

How fun! I had to resubmit mine. I think I forgot to finish entering my email address. That’ll teach me to have too many email addresses to choose from. Stop and figure out which one to use and I get confused.

The site looks great.

rse2412 02-02-2010 04:37 AM

Kat, I have resubmitted my contact form from the Greywalker site as requested. I hope you get it this time. I hope it isn't AOL being unfriendly again. Can you let me know if you receive it please?

Rae

Anthraxus 02-02-2010 02:28 PM

I've send mine in as well.

Harper 02-02-2010 06:49 PM

Rae, I still haven't seen it, and it's not spam-trapped that I can find. I'm not sure of the problem. I've had my web-expert look into the contact problem and disable the module that was causing some trouble with UK addresses, but I'm still not getting yours.

i'm thinking I might have to reboot the contest, as much as I dislike that idea. There have been a lot of email failures and that seems kind of unfair, too.

Also need to talk to the admin here about some registration issues that may or may not be happening, but it's a minor problem. Still... gotta get people in.

rse2412 02-02-2010 07:31 PM

See, I said I had rotten luck with these sorts of things, though I didn't guess my entry would get lost in the ether *g*.

Should I just wait until you decide what you are going to do or should I send a private message with my answers, or is that too much hassle? Let me know please.

Rae

Harper 02-02-2010 07:51 PM

Hold on until I've figured out an answer to this one. I promise to come up with the most reasonable answer I can. I have a record of your attempt to send it in, so that's good. But you're not the only UK user who had a problem, so I want to come up with something that's as fair as possible.

Harper 02-03-2010 12:38 PM

Mail seems to be fine, now. I'll just have to take these by timestamps against the log and hope it's right....

Anthraxus 02-04-2010 10:14 AM

So do we need to resubmit, or are you going forward with what you have?

Harper 02-06-2010 05:07 AM

I'm going to go with what came in. You do not need to resubmit. Mail logs have cleared up the question of when attempts were made from certain addresses.

Anthraxus 02-06-2010 12:08 PM

That is almost too bad as I just realized that, while one of my answers is technically correct, it is probably not the one that you are looking for.

Harper 02-06-2010 08:12 PM

we shall see...

rse2412 02-07-2010 04:12 AM

You should have added "Mwhaaahaaaahaaaahaaa" in that cryptically evil manner after that last comment, Kat.:grin:

Rae

Harper 02-07-2010 05:31 AM

Oh...OK:

MWAahaahahhahhhahahahahahaaa....

and like that.

Kalzazz 02-07-2010 06:07 PM

Ah well, yes, yes you are right that original field of study question was a killer!

Harper 02-08-2010 04:02 PM

i couldn't make it TOO easy on you guys....

Anthraxus 02-09-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalzazz (Post 341874)
Ah well, yes, yes you are right that original field of study question was a killer!

That's not the one I was talking about. The question I was talking about was the one about Tom. I know what I put was correct, but I don't think it was the answer Kat was thinking of.

Kalzazz 02-09-2010 03:07 PM

I wound up answering 'Remy Chandler and Noah'

rse2412 02-09-2010 06:19 PM

I answered just Remy Chandler. I did wonder about the answer to question 8: Where did Harper travel in Vanished?

I put Los Angeles and London, but the answer was just London.

I am not complaining at all, the Scavenger Hunt was lots of fun and I can't wait until the next competition. I am already sharpening my pencil!

Rae

Anthraxus 02-10-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rse2412 (Post 342587)
I answered just Remy Chandler. I did wonder about the answer to question 8: Where did Harper travel in Vanished?

I put Los Angeles and London, but the answer was just London.

I am not complaining at all, the Scavenger Hunt was lots of fun and I can't wait until the next competition. I am already sharpening my pencil!

Rae

I answered Vampirella, Batman, Punisher, Angel and Buffy. I completely blanked about Remy Chandler.

Harper 02-11-2010 12:58 AM

yeah, that was also a correct answer--and I'd have taken it if it had arrived ahead of the others. Nice to know there's a serious comics geek in here.

Anthraxus 02-11-2010 09:44 AM

Actually my wife is more of a comics geek than I am. She was the one who knew about Punisher and Vampirella.

Harper 02-11-2010 05:25 PM

Sooo... will she be taking you to Comic Con for summer vacation...?

Anthraxus 02-12-2010 09:26 AM

Unfortunately not. We may be going to Dragon*Con in Atlanta on Labor Day. That's still up in the air though.

Harper 02-12-2010 10:33 PM

That is a really fun show--bring costumes or find a seat in the upper mezzanine bar and watch the evening parade!

I have to miss that one this year: just too close to deadlines.