CriticalFumble.net Forums

CriticalFumble.net Forums (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/index.php)
-   Greywalker (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Favorite Character contest! (http://www.criticalfumble.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16628)

Mist 01-03-2009 06:39 PM

I have to agree with several others here, Quinton is my favorite character besides Harper.

I look forward to finding out more about him and how he ended up where he is. And I think he and Harper are a good fit. I think Harper really needs to have someone who knows about the Grey and understands she might be doing strange stuff.

Will was nice, but didn't seem to understand that there's more to Harper than meets the eye.

Harper 01-03-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagelrat (Post 250265)
... one of my favourite characters is actually the deeply creepy and unpleasant Carlos. It's such a huge relief to see vamps being seriously unpleasant, not remotely sexy and utterly self serving. I wouldn't want him to be a focus of the books but his role in Greywalker was perfect and his position on the peripheral of the other books and Harper's life with the Grey is just right. I hope we get to see him in a bigger role again at somepoint. :sasmokin:

You're not actually the first person to say that Carlos is interesting or a favorite. Just to be a little spoilery, Carlos has a very important part to play in Book 5, so you will be seeing more of him there. I can't guarantee it'll be nice... but he'll be there.

Hagelrat 01-04-2009 07:06 AM

very cool. :roll:

nerdgirl 01-04-2009 09:05 PM

Fav character

Carlos is my fav character. It is great to see vampires portrayed in this manner; mean, heartless and power hungry. I am stoked that he will be in the upcoming books as well.
(I also love Quinton and was really happy to see Will leave the scene!)

Sakutian 01-05-2009 10:33 PM

I'd have to go with Will, Quntion is great too of course, but Will just has something about him. He's fun and interesting to me, he plays the ordinary guy who is slowly being dragged into a world he can never really be part of or understand. Although he doesn't get the nice bonus of magical abilities or super powers, he's just expected to cope with it or be kept in the dark.

His always awkward and cutely bumbled by fate relationship with Harper always made me alugh and wince a bit. SSmehow it just worked.

There has only been one moment when I really and truly didn't like him in all of the books so far.

Amers3 01-05-2009 11:30 PM

Quinton

Quinton is my favorite character I love the mysteriousness of him. Of not knowing what he is about, is he part of Harper's new world or is he a human?

He was totally cool around the vampires and helping Harper with the ley lines, it makes you wonder how he got all of this magically knowledge, unless he was something magically himself.

Trying to think of other creatures that might fit into this world and might fit Quinton doesn't result in much. All I can think is Incubus but that doesn't sound right either. Either way I cannot wait to see what lies in Quinton's mysterious past.

Pogonip 01-06-2009 06:58 AM

Carlos, of course. He's good looking, has that magnetic personality (common to vampires,) strong, confident, intelligent, amusing. He's not needy. A few pints of red from time to time is all he needs. No cooking required. He's rich. He handles rejection well, probably because he doesn't really believe it, he thinks he'll eventually get what he wants. He has time. Of course, he's a total sociopath. Or is the current term "psychopath"? He keeps us wondering what's next. Will he help? What's in it for him?

That's why he's my favorite character, second to Harper, of course.

Brother Brian 01-06-2009 02:12 PM

It's kind of a tossup between Quinton and Ben.

Quinton is easy to love. He's socially...inept seems harsh but let's just say he's better with "stuff" than with people. He's a nerd. He's amazingly loyal, and is from first contact, when he really owed Harper nothing.

Ben's easy to miss. He isn't "hawt" like Will, as obviously useful as Quinton, as dangerous as Carlos, as cute and fluffy as Chaos, doesn't have "power" like Mara. But he's the guy who does what needs doing, be it keeping Rhino-boy from harm or doing the thankless task of research.

I can respect that.

BlueNinja 01-06-2009 06:25 PM

Ben is definately my favorite from the series. He has, well, nothing, compared to everyone else Harper runs around with - no magic, no supernatural abilities, no useful shady past, just the ability to read books (and control a small boy, which I wish I had). He's kind of like Giles from Buffy, but without the ability to fight. Yet despite that, he's always there with useful information and a sort of wistful I-wish-I-could-do-that sense that reminds me of myself.

Harper 01-06-2009 07:12 PM

Boy you guys are making this hard. How'm I going to pick with you all being so reasonable and clever...? I may be forced to randomize this... ;)